TiviMate recording

Never heard back from you on my Dec 17 post, any suggestions for a 2nd gen firestick per my last question. I don't think they work, any thoughts
Thanks

it seems you were posting in someone elses thread which makes it confusing. youve started this one referring to the previous one elsewhere. If that soynds confusing imagine what it would be like responding. i suggest starting over in this thread

Regarding recordings, I've checked the file has .ts extension.
Is there any option to record in any other option or to export file to another video format?
Thx in advance

Hello, my TIVIMATE does not record past 1 min no matter how I set the program to record. It will record the whole show if I stay on the channel that I am recording, Once I leave that channel or turn off my tv it will not record the program past 1 min. anyone else having this issue? or how to correct it?.

Regarding recordings, I've checked the file has .ts extension.
Is there any option to record in any other option or to export file to another video format?
Thx in advance
Hi there @kherio., did you ever find out if the .ts recording format can be changed or converted to another format? (e.g. mp4. mkv, avi etc)

Hi there @kherio., did you ever find out if the .ts recording format can be changed or converted to another format? (e.g. mp4. mkv, avi etc)
yes it can be converted to any format with software

yes ok, thanks.
Now all I need to do is to find a way for my computer to read the external USB drive whic is connected attached to my Android TV box -

I have the recordings and I can play them on the TV Box but can't connect the USB drive to my computer to read them due to the USB drive's format. (My compuer doesnt read it)

yes ok, thanks.
Now all I need to do is to find a way for my computer to read the external USB drive whic is connected attached to my Android TV box -

I have the recordings and I can play them on the TV Box but can't connect the USB drive to my computer to read them due to the USB drive's format. (My compuer doesnt read it)
your computer doesnt read the usb because of the usb's format?? please explain.

I originally formatted the external 2TB USB drive as NTFS file system (using my computer) before I connected the external drive to the TV box.

When that dive was connected to the The Android TV Box for the 1st time, the TV Box formatted the 2 TB usb drive again. (the system stated it was required) .. The file system used by the Android Mi TV-Box is not FAT32, it's not FAT1 and it's not NTFS.
ergo ..
When I remove the drive from the TV box and connect it to the computer, the computer can't read it. (The disk is unreadable)

I can play the recorded files if the drive is connected to the TV box .. but .. the computer cant read the drive at all.

I originally formatted the external 2TB USB drive as NTFS file system (using my computer) before I connected the external drive to the TV box.

When that dive was connected to the The Android TV Box for the 1st time, the TV Box formatted the 2 TB usb drive again. (the system stated it was required) .. The file system used by the Android Mi TV-Box is not FAT32, it's not FAT1 and it's not NTFS.
ergo ..
When I remove the drive from the TV box and connect it to the computer, the computer can't read it. (The disk is unreadable)

I can play the recorded files if the drive is connected to the TV box .. but .. the computer cant read the drive at all.
wow never heard of that befor what is the format called?

I think teh TV-Box needs the external HDD to be formatted with the main partition as a "MAster Boot Record" partition. I wil try that and see how we go. thx.

Yes. TiviMate allows you to record. I'm guessing that it's premium version only since that's all I own. Depending on your device, you may have a few recording options available to you. Best to record to an external source, (thumb drive as one option but NAS being the best option). Of course you'll need a working EPG and keep in mind that should the channel buffer while recording it will screw up the recording. Finally, be cognizant of the timesets. I usually set the recordings to end about 1 minute past the show schedule only because IPTV streams aren't as precise (time wise) as what is delivered via traditional content providers. Not perfect, but not bad either!

Hi
I have a problem with tivimate on my shield tv pro.When I click on the recording button,the server feezes for seconds,and later ththe server keeps breaking up ,though the recording continues.This does not happen with other apps.I can easily record with them.Any suggestions.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom