• Welcome to the Best Streaming Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

TiviMate recording

If my IPTV service doesn’t offer a recording option, will TiviMate’s recording function still record?
Yes. TiviMate allows you to record. I'm guessing that it's premium version only since that's all I own. Depending on your device, you may have a few recording options available to you. Best to record to an external source, (thumb drive as one option but NAS being the best option). Of course you'll need a working EPG and keep in mind that should the channel buffer while recording it will screw up the recording. Finally, be cognizant of the timesets. I usually set the recordings to end about 1 minute past the show schedule only because IPTV streams aren't as precise (time wise) as what is delivered via traditional content providers. Not perfect, but not bad either!

beatle169

Thanks Matty for the info. I’m using a BuzzTV XRS 4500 box and I have a usb drive. Do I need to format it and if so, what do I format it to?

Ed209

Staff member
Thanks Matty for the info. I’m using a BuzzTV XRS 4500 box and I have a usb drive. Do I need to format it and if so, what do I format it to?
ntfs not fat32 this may be the problem as fat 32 has smaller file limits