TiviMate recording

If my IPTV service doesn’t offer a recording option, will TiviMate’s recording function still record?
Yes. TiviMate allows you to record. I'm guessing that it's premium version only since that's all I own. Depending on your device, you may have a few recording options available to you. Best to record to an external source, (thumb drive as one option but NAS being the best option). Of course you'll need a working EPG and keep in mind that should the channel buffer while recording it will screw up the recording. Finally, be cognizant of the timesets. I usually set the recordings to end about 1 minute past the show schedule only because IPTV streams aren't as precise (time wise) as what is delivered via traditional content providers. Not perfect, but not bad either!

Thanks Matty for the info. I’m using a BuzzTV XRS 4500 box and I have a usb drive. Do I need to format it and if so, what do I format it to?

Thanks Matty for the info. I’m using a BuzzTV XRS 4500 box and I have a usb drive. Do I need to format it and if so, what do I format it to?
ntfs not fat32 this may be the problem as fat 32 has smaller file limits

I had formatted my USB to Fat 32 and it works for recordings except it will apparently not record past 4GB. Therefore after reading the post above, I formatted it to NTFS. However, my Firestick File Explorer App does not recognize the USB drive. Any suggestions???

i'm guessing the usb is plugged into an odb cord in the stick itself?

Well, it is plugged into a UGreen ethernet adapter which plugs into the firestick. The UGreen has 3 USB ports

i'm guessing the usb is plugged into an odb cord in the stick itself?
Well, it is plugged into a UGreen ethernet adapter which plugs into the firestick. The UGreen has 3 USB ports, so I believe the answer is yes it is

i read that the firstick has problems with usb drives attached to it. is there any way you can plug the usb into a computer on your network and set the rcording to there?

Took a little longer to reply than I expected but I thought you might be interested in what I did anyway. After reading up on how to set the recordings to my computer, I decided it was a little higher than my paygrade. I also, wondered why you would say to use the USB drive on my PC instead of recording directly to the PC if I could have ever figured that out. But my alternative to trying to record ballgames and ultimately anything over an hour 15 minutes, was to just split the recording in half, thereby, not exceeding the 4MB per recording on my USB drive. So, I'm good with this, it works, though more time consuming, unless you have easier instructions on how to record it to my PC.

Took a little longer to reply than I expected but I thought you might be interested in what I did anyway. After reading up on how to set the recordings to my computer, I decided it was a little higher than my paygrade. I also, wondered why you would say to use the USB drive on my PC instead of recording directly to the PC if I could have ever figured that out. But my alternative to trying to record ballgames and ultimately anything over an hour 15 minutes, was to just split the recording in half, thereby, not exceeding the 4MB per recording on my USB drive. So, I'm good with this, it works, though more time consuming, unless you have easier instructions on how to record it to my PC.
Oh I just kept with the theme of recording to the thumbdrive, for sure you could point the recording to a folder on the computer drive I remember doing it with the ip address of the computer.

Oh I just kept with the theme of recording to the thumbdrive, for sure you could point the recording to a folder on the computer drive I remember doing it with the ip address of the computer.
Yes, that's what I figured, but I didn't want to mess up my system so I had to forgo attempting to play with the IP Address because it had to be a static address and I was afraid of messing it up.

Yes, that's what I figured, but I didn't want to mess up my system so I had to forgo attempting to play with the IP Address because it had to be a static address and I was afraid of messing it up.
oh man i know exactly what you mean, i didnt want to change it to static either. but as it turned out the comp i direct recording to has kept the same ip despite unpluging modem weekly. so i dont know, i dont record enuf to really have paid that much attention lol.

oh man i know exactly what you mean, i didnt want to change it to static either. but as it turned out the comp i direct recording to has kept the same ip despite unpluging modem weekly. so i dont know, i dont record enuf to really have paid that much attention lol.
Well, maybe I'll try it if I don't have to change it to static. Thanks for the heads up, when I get a chance I'll try it and get back to you, I like to record games almost daily, I'll see how it goes.

Well, maybe I'll try it if I don't have to change it to static. Thanks for the heads up, when I get a chance I'll try it and get back to you, I like to record games almost daily, I'll see how it goes.
FYI, I tried to set it up without the static address, didn't seem to work, so I got brave and changed it to a static address that was recommended in the instructions I was following. Didn't work. I have the correct IP address but I'm concerned about the Username and Password. It says to use what I use to login into Windows on my computer, doesn't seem to work. I made the C: Drive into a shared drive but TiVi Mate doesn't show it. I used various Usernames and Passwords in case the first one was wrong. The issue may be that I have a router attached to my PC and that could be the problem but the instructions do not mention what to do if one has a router. So, I wonder if you have any suggestions? Thanks again.

in network settings of the computer theres going to be a setting for sharing in all networks turn off password protection reboot everything. should work.

in network settings of the computer theres going to be a setting for sharing in all networks turn off password protection reboot everything. should work.
Still Not working, this is what I did: went to Network & Internet, Network & Sharing Center, Change Advanced Sharing Settings, All Networks, for the Public Folder I turn ON sharing, then below there is Password Protected Sharing, Turned Off Password Sharing. Rebooted modem & router, still no luck. The thing is that in Tivi Mate, after you put in the IP address, you create a Network Name which I'm told can be any name I want. Then it wants a User Name & Password which is supposed to be from my Windows login screen. But it doesn't seem to work. I can't get to the C Drive on my computer? Hope I not annoying you, this is frustrating to me and hopefully, you can get me through this. Appreciate your help!

networking in windows is always a pita. i think you have the public folder ready to go change the tivimate recording output folder to the public folder, ive never been prompted for a password. make sure the public folder does not reauire password and that the username your setting up is listed in sharing properties to read and write. i have mine just set to 'everyone' can read and write.

Have taken a break from trying to get recordings to work on my network, just not happening. Now have a new question: Does recording work with a 2nd generation Firestick? I can set up everything fine with my 4K Firestick but when I go to set it up on the 2nd Gen, I can't see the TiVi Mate Folder that I created on my USB drive. If I take this same USB and attach it to my 4K I can see it, but not on the 2nd Gen. Any suggestions??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom