• Welcome to the Best Streaming Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Games Masters IPTV

MikeFL

πŸ–πŸŒ΄Mike πŸŒ΄πŸ–
Staff member
Update
Week ago I described my problem with buffering, to summarize all the channels were acting up, I have firestick 4 k,xciptv app, at&t fiber and I use nord vpn. I tried all the usual troubleshooting tricks - no fix.
Then Crystalblue suggested low space on the stick. I looked it up- I had 1.3 gb free space. Threw out some apps, clear the cache from the rest- got it up to 1.8 free. Tried to run the tv, still the same problems. I figured I got 2 steps left to try, update firmware and factory reset. Did the first one, my available space went from 1.8 to 2.3 and all the buffering problems went awayπŸ˜ƒ
Not saying that this is universal fix but it definitely worked for me!
Nice to see you putting in the effort to play detective and by elimination sort out an issue. I think @Crystalblue6161 was spot on with a warning about low storage space. Personally, I've never been able to come up with a "danger number". More is going to be better. Certainly getting up over 2 GB is great, but I can say that .5 GB isn't necessarily the killer number either, but you don't want to be there. I like to keep to two or better. but I doubt 1.8 was an issue. I recently through my own stupidity did a factory reset and TBH it wasn't the end of the world.

MattyScaffa

Factory reset fixes many problems but I only use as a last resort. I own several sticks and a cube. Fire OS just went thru an upgrade recently and ever since then, my wife has been complaining about buffering. When she is upset, everyone bears the pain. No issue with storage. The stick has about 1.3gb memory, and as much as I try and tidy things up on the stick, I noticed that the memory was kinda low, (maybe 125mb available). Everyhing else seems gtg. Anyway I installed a new launcher (Wolf) and I also installed two other apps. One that lets me disable Amazon's stock launcher and the other one that disables a lot of amazon services. I don't watch Prime so this approach works for me. You still can't delete their bloatware garbage which is annoying as all hell, but I hide the junk using Wolf Launcher. So now, I noticed that her stick is up over 500mb available memory. I also swapped out her favorite channel (from 1080p to 720p) but didn't tell her. She can't tell the difference anyway :). Back in business.

So..just some things that you may want to consider. Android launcher for sure, but you may not want to disable many of the amazon services if you like watching Prime. You should still be in a good place.

MikeFL

πŸ–πŸŒ΄Mike πŸŒ΄πŸ–
Staff member
Factory reset fixes many problems but I only use as a last resort. I own several sticks and a cube. Fire OS just went thru an upgrade recently and ever since then, my wife has been complaining about buffering. When she is upset, everyone bears the pain. No issue with storage. The stick has about 1.3gb memory, and as much as I try and tidy things up on the stick, I noticed that the memory was kinda low, (maybe 125mb available). Everyhing else seems gtg. Anyway I installed a new launcher (Wolf) and I also installed two other apps. One that lets me disable Amazon's stock launcher and the other one that disables a lot of amazon services. I don't watch Prime so this approach works for me. You still can't delete their bloatware garbage which is annoying as all hell, but I hide the junk using Wolf Launcher. So now, I noticed that her stick is up over 500mb available memory. I also swapped out her favorite channel (from 1080p to 720p) but didn't tell her. She can't tell the difference anyway :). Back in business.

So..just some things that you may want to consider. Android launcher for sure, but you may not want to disable many of the amazon services if you like watching Prime. You should still be in a good place.
My recent factory reset was not by choice and I agree it doesn't necessarily do much for you unless things have really gotten out of hand. I've used the Wolf launcher on/off. I think at the end of the day it's cosmetic with respect to memory and storage. I have four installations and just a 64 GB USB on two of them for external storage. Personally, I think that's the way to go and makes a big difference in freeing up space permanently.

MikeFL

πŸ–πŸŒ΄Mike πŸŒ΄πŸ–
Staff member
is this page still up i have not seen anything since April 17
Yes, it's "up". And you're correct about the date. The good thing about that: no complaints, no problems, all's well with GM and the clients. If this keeps up, I'll be out of work. :confused:
Hiring No Money GIF by INTO ACTION

MikeFL

πŸ–πŸŒ΄Mike πŸŒ΄πŸ–
Staff member

MikeFL

πŸ–πŸŒ΄Mike πŸŒ΄πŸ–
Staff member

MiKi

Some of my channels logos not showing on iptv pro app but showing on tivimate and implayer how to fix that . Thanks for the support. Problem not related to GM

MikeFL

πŸ–πŸŒ΄Mike πŸŒ΄πŸ–
Staff member
Anyone else having buffering issues. My other service is working fine.
No. - All channels? Some channels? Specific channels? Is it on a heavily watched PPV event or other at specific times of the day? I am not having any issues like this, but I'm also not watching more than 6200 channels.

MikeFL

πŸ–πŸŒ΄Mike πŸŒ΄πŸ–
Staff member
Some of my channels logos not showing on iptv pro app but showing on tivimate and implayer how to fix that . Thanks for the support. Problem not related to GM
I have never used this. IPTVEditor.com is a tool that has an automatic logo adder feature. Reportedly In one click, 90% of your channels are covered automatically. The algorithm combines their database logos and Internet search with an AI that automatically filters your channel's name and assigns a Logo.

MikeFL

πŸ–πŸŒ΄Mike πŸŒ΄πŸ–
Staff member
I can't get an EPG on any app. I'm investigating.