• Welcome to the Best Streaming Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Tivimate recording issues

joker1973

Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie so please forgive me if any of this is a repeat for you.
I am having issues with the Recording feature on Tivimate. It will start recording but stop after 25 to 30 seconds. I am using a Firestick 4k with external USB using OTG cable.
any advice to resolve is much appreciated

Ed209

Staff member
Hi Guys,
I'm a newbie so please forgive me if any of this is a repeat for you.
I am having issues with the Recording feature on Tivimate. It will start recording but stop after 25 to 30 seconds. I am using a Firestick 4k with external USB using OTG cable.
any advice to resolve is much appreciated
what is the path to the folder you've assigned in tivimate settings?

Ed209

Staff member
to me that looks alright tho i wonder about name of device in the path but im guessing you named it during setup. maybe just restart everything??

Gaz-57

I record to USB drive with Tivi mate installed directly onto my Android TV (no Firestick or Android TV Box) .. I also get recordings cutting out after 25-30secs .. and sometimes it records for quite a bit longer?

It nearly always cuts out at some point.

Ed209

Staff member
I record to USB drive with Tivi mate installed directly onto my Android TV (no Firestick or Android TV Box) .. I also get recordings cutting out after 25-30secs .. and sometimes it records for quite a bit longer?

It nearly always cuts out at some point.
thats probably because of buffering, apparently it stops recording when buffering occurs. is the tv on the whole time?