Tivimate native recording format?

Gaz-57

Hi all.,
does any body know how I can read the Tivimate recorded files (recorded on an external hdd) once the hdd has been removed and connected to a computer?
I have an external drive connected to my Android TV box with Tivimate installed and I want to transfer the recorded Tivimate programs to a computer.
The aim is to convert the tivimate files to a geneal MKV or MP4 format, however, my computers can't read the hdd content once the drive has been formatted for Tivimate.

(BTW.. my computers are all MacOS)
Thank you.

I don't think you can read the hdd on a different device once you have formatted it on your device. If you have a spare usb stick you could try to copy the recordings to that through ES file explorer. After you have done that reformat your hdd on your PC to fat32

you had the same issue back in April as well so if nothing worked back then it won't now.

Yes I did have the issue in April, however,, I thought that maybe there might be a fresh answer or solution by now but clearly there isn't.
Thanks.

I have a network HDD that I use to save recordings from tivimate. I plugged the usb hdd into my iMac and I can see the recordings and play on my Mac. They are a mpeg2 format.

I have a network HDD that I use to save recordings from tivimate. I plugged the usb hdd into my iMac and I can see the recordings and play on my Mac. They are a mpeg2 format.
Thanks for your post, Can I ask what hardware system you use with your TIVIMATE (Andoid Box?, Firestick?, NVidia Shield? etc)

I'm not too familiar with Firestick but it soundd like I could perhaps try connecting a hdd formatted as xfat to my router and set it for recording via the Tivimate settings. Will give it a shot.

try formatting to NTFS aswell. Once you have done that and set the drive up it might be possible to copy and paste from your original hdd with all your recording on it to the new hdd.

I'm not too familiar with Firestick but it soundd like I could perhaps try connecting a hdd formatted as xfat to my router and set it for recording via the Tivimate settings. Will give it a shot.
you'll want to format the hdd in ntfs. I had mine in exfat or fat32 and wouldnt record all of the shows.

Thanks for the help but still no joy. .. there appears to be some confusion on the nature of the issue ..
I am using an Android TV with a Xaiomi TV Box for streaming and the TV box has a 2TB USB drive connected to it.
The USB drive was formatted to NTFS before connecting it to the TV box.

When the USB drive is connected to the TV box it gets formatted to its own format before you can use it and subsequently the usb drive can't be read natively by a Mac or Windows computer afterward (I use Macs but I also have Windows laptop).
Any ideas?

that is a tough one, the box i have lets me choose to format or not. Do you have this problem with all USBs you plug in?. Sounds like the only thing that you can do is to see if there is a software update for your box or get in touch with them. Other than that is to get a different box. Don't understand why you don't have a choice on formatting though.

Hey thanks, yes it happens with any USB drive connected .. the TV box 'system' (Android 9) forces a format prior to using the USB drive and there's no choice.
The downside is, once formatted by the tv box, the usb drive is not readable by a Windows or a Mac computer when you connect it to a pc.

Hey thanks, yes it happens with any USB drive connected .. the TV box 'system' (Android 9) forces a format prior to using the USB drive and there's no choice.
The downside is, once formatted by the tv box, the usb drive is not readable by a Windows or a Mac computer when you connect it to a pc.
Don't know if this will help you at all, but enable developer options on the device and see if there any options there to turn the formatting a usb drive on and off.

Do you still need to copy the old recordings you made to your PC. If so there is an app called wifi file transfer pro that you can use to do that. I use it myself and find it quite user friendly, you will need the pro version though.

Don't know if this will help you at all, but enable developer options on the device and see if there any options there to turn the formatting a usb drive on and off.
That's a good thought. Will give that a try asap. Thanks!

Do you still need to copy the old recordings you made to your PC. If so there is an app called wifi file transfer pro that you can use to do that. I use it myself and find it quite user friendly, you will need the pro version though.
Thanks @ravo, I will look into that. Cheers!

Tanks for your help, I haven't solved the issue completely but the wif-fi file transfer app has eneabled me to transfer the recorded files from the tv box to the computer and I can transcode to any format from there. Thanks again.

Can you try plugging the USB into the television or perhaps the modem? May save the extra steps.

Back
Top Bottom