• Welcome to the Best Streaming Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Tivimate native recording format?

Gaz-57

Hi all.,
does any body know how I can read the Tivimate recorded files (recorded on an external hdd) once the hdd has been removed and connected to a computer?
I have an external drive connected to my Android TV box with Tivimate installed and I want to transfer the recorded Tivimate programs to a computer.
The aim is to convert the tivimate files to a geneal MKV or MP4 format, however, my computers can't read the hdd content once the drive has been formatted for Tivimate.

(BTW.. my computers are all MacOS)
Thank you.

ravo

I don't think you can read the hdd on a different device once you have formatted it on your device. If you have a spare usb stick you could try to copy the recordings to that through ES file explorer. After you have done that reformat your hdd on your PC to fat32

ravo

you had the same issue back in April as well so if nothing worked back then it won't now.

Gaz-57

Yes I did have the issue in April, however,, I thought that maybe there might be a fresh answer or solution by now but clearly there isn't.
Thanks.

Rubberman

I have a network HDD that I use to save recordings from tivimate. I plugged the usb hdd into my iMac and I can see the recordings and play on my Mac. They are a mpeg2 format.

Gaz-57

I have a network HDD that I use to save recordings from tivimate. I plugged the usb hdd into my iMac and I can see the recordings and play on my Mac. They are a mpeg2 format.
Thanks for your post, Can I ask what hardware system you use with your TIVIMATE (Andoid Box?, Firestick?, NVidia Shield? etc)

Gaz-57

I'm not too familiar with Firestick but it soundd like I could perhaps try connecting a hdd formatted as xfat to my router and set it for recording via the Tivimate settings. Will give it a shot.

ravo

try formatting to NTFS aswell. Once you have done that and set the drive up it might be possible to copy and paste from your original hdd with all your recording on it to the new hdd.

Rubberman

I'm not too familiar with Firestick but it soundd like I could perhaps try connecting a hdd formatted as xfat to my router and set it for recording via the Tivimate settings. Will give it a shot.
you'll want to format the hdd in ntfs. I had mine in exfat or fat32 and wouldnt record all of the shows.