Tivimate does not see my usb drive

Crow

I have a firestick (generation 2) and a sandisk 32GB usb drive (formatted as FAT32) hooked up to it via an OTG cable. When I open the Tivimate app and try to select the drive to record to, the usb drive is not present.
If I exit the Tivimate app, and open the ES file explorer app on the firestick, that app can see the drive no problem. I can create folders on it etc.
Also if I plug the OTG cable and usb drive into my android phone, the phone has no problem recognizing the drive and writing to it. So cable and drive are good.
Anyone got any ideas why the tivimate app will not display the usb drive to select it for recording to ?
Thanks

dude i been asking for help on this on my android box no one is helpful here at all tivimate sucks when it comers to recording on curtain drives and devices

I have a firestick (generation 2) and a sandisk 32GB usb drive (formatted as FAT32) hooked up to it via an OTG cable. When I open the Tivimate app and try to select the drive to record to, the usb drive is not present.
If I exit the Tivimate app, and open the ES file explorer app on the firestick, that app can see the drive no problem. I can create folders on it etc.
Also if I plug the OTG cable and usb drive into my android phone, the phone has no problem recognizing the drive and writing to it. So cable and drive are good.
Anyone got any ideas why the tivimate app will not display the usb drive to select it for recording to ?
Thanks

I figured out a way around this problem.
Go to Settings>Other>Recordings>Recordings Folder>Folder Path Threre you can key in the path to your storage device. Mine was /storage/usbotg/TIVIMATE.
You can find your path from a file explore program. I downloaded Es pro from troypoint.

Hope this helps I was pretty frustrated as well.

Attachments

• 20211205_080315.jpg
    20211205_080315.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Thanks
you are better off formatting the drive to NTFS as fat32 limits your recordings to only 4gb

Thanks
I have 3 new 4kMax Firesticks. All but 1 is loaded to my hard drive. The 3rd one will not allow me to launch while connected to external drive. Worked fine before. I think Amazon is doing a great job of limiting what apps we can install

Back
Top Bottom