tivimate disconnects from the internet

james1980

hi i bought xiaomi tv stick a week ago so its new, i have tivimate premium on it.
When i watch iptv it works fine 10 minutes and than it disconnects from the internet, on xiaomi tv device settings it stands- connected but no internet,
i reset everything and than again it works 10min ok and than disconnect
On the same internet my smartphone and pc are connected and there connection is fine , only on this xiaomi stick it disconnects from internet by itself,need help

Last edited:
hi i bought xiaomi tv stick a week ago so its new, i have tivimate premium on it.
When i watch iptv it works fine 10 minutes and than it disconnects from the internet, on xiaomi tv device settings it stands- connected but no internet,
i reset everything and than again it works 10min ok and than disconnect
On the same internet my smartphone and pc are connected and there connection is fine , only on this xiaomi stick it disconnects from internet by itself,need help
First thing that comes to mind is maybe something in parental controls maybe?
I read that these may have connection problems depending on the wifi channell set by router. If your stick is connected by wifi you can try changing it to 2g 3g or 5g you can also select channel 1 in the router settings details for the stick.

Last edited:
i dont thing its its parental control
where on settings on xiaomi mi tv stick should i exactly go to change all that what you have written me , pc -
network&internet-wifi-
network band-2,4ghz,
what to do now,
my xiaomi tv stick i plugged on tv not pc

Last edited:
i dont thing its its parental control
where on settings on xiaomi mi tv stick should i exactly go to change all that what you have written me , pc -
network&internet-wifi-
network band-2,4ghz,
what to do now,
my xiaomi tv stick i plugged on tv not pc
I wouldn't worry about those settings if your device is connected to the TV by wire.
Where is the power cord for the stick plugged in, the wall or tv?

I don't have that stick and don't know if there is a setting that causes that and the only mention of similar problem is when the stick connects to tv thru wifi. If yours is connected by wire to the TV maybe try turning off wifi in stick settings.

Yes I know I was suggesting to turn off wifi on the stick incase it was interfering, not arguing

Last edited:
i read on some forums that some people solved that problem when they turned their wifi chanel on their router on automatic, but i dont know how to do that

i read on some forums that some people solved that problem when they turned their wifi chanel on their router on automatic, but i dont know how to do that
Yes but that is when the stick is connected by wifi, the wifi settings will be both in the stick settings and your modem settings. If your connected I just noticed you mentioned hdmi cord, this isn't the connection anybody is talking about. The connection having to do with internet is the connection between your stick and the modem. Is there a wire between the stick and the modem?

the connection between the stick and modem is wifi,the stick is plugged in tv via hdmi , thats what i meant, i think you didnt understand me correctly

Well then as I said and you read elsewhere you need to sign into your modems webpage and settings to change channels and see if that works. You'll find how to sign into modem from your internet provider if it's their modem or your modem manufacturers website.

i ve changed from chanel 1 to auto think i made that first time-ubee wifi modem-gateway-wlan-basic-Wireless 2.4G Basic-control channel -1,ive changed 1 to auto,
is that ok?
Have i now changed the chanel or not?
After that i made reset of modem and xiaomi, but all the same iptv worked 5min allright and then again lost connection

If it's still happening my guess that wasn't the solution I read that it works better on channel 1. What kind of internet do you have, cable, fiber and what speed, how many devices running at the same time? Is it possible your using to many connections for your iptv subscription?

i ve turned now to 5ghz and choose chanel 48, now i watch android tv more than an hour and everything s fine, till now internet didnt disconnect, i will see how it goes and than i will write back.
With 5ghz internet speed is 5 times faster, maybe i wont have buffering on iptv anymore

Fingers crossed james

i ve still have now buffering, on pc i dont have buffering,
i ve attached a picture of my router settings, so you could say me
if i need to change somethingScreenshot_2022-04-09-12-39-26-987_com.miui.gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Is the stick very far from the modem?

The things you can do to reduce buffering for example in tivimate settings try different buffer sizes, connect device to modem with wire, clear cache 3very day unplug modem and device for 10 minutes every week. Slower or laggy internet may also cause buffering there are others I'm sure

Back
Top Bottom