How effective is having more Ram?

John2000

So I moved from a tv box (tvip 605) to an Android tv (Hisense 65 in. 4K ULED Smart Television 65U68G). Both devices have 1 GB of Ram. Used tivimate on both.

I thought that moving from the tv box to directly streaming through the tv would cut the buffering somewhat but unfortunately that is not the case. The tv and the box are hard wired to a 400 MB cable connection.

I have been seeing new Android 11 tv boxes with 4 and 8 Gigs of Ram and was wondering if that much Ram will eliminate the buffering once and for all.

i dont think any one thing will elliminate buffering totally but on the user end more ram is a good thing, i think 3 is good solid internet connection is also important as is the buffer settings and the list goes on but because the broadcast is sent over pretty much ptivate networks iptv doesnt have the luxury of the miriad of servers all around the general internet to route the signal like NeTfLiX can so its gonna buffer.

i dont think any one thing will elliminate buffering totally but on the user end more ram is a good thing, i think 3 is good solid internet connection is also important as is the buffer settings and the list goes on but because the broadcast is sent over pretty much ptivate networks iptv doesnt have the luxury of the miriad of servers all around the general internet to route the signal like NeTfLiX can so its gonna buffer.
Thanks for the concise input. Appreciated.

I just started looking into iptv again after giving up on it years and years ago. It seems like it hasnt progressed at all. It still buffers its so sad to see this. I do not understand . I can stream youtube tv for a week straight and not see it buffer once. Then 1 hour of a trial and it buffers 30 times. It is insane to me. I to thought maybe its the ram but again youtube tv plays FLAWLESS .

nobody 's here to argue and this doesnt require a response.

So I moved from a tv box (tvip 605) to an Android tv (Hisense 65 in. 4K ULED Smart Television 65U68G). Both devices have 1 GB of Ram. Used tivimate on both.

I thought that moving from the tv box to directly streaming through the tv would cut the buffering somewhat but unfortunately that is not the case. The tv and the box are hard wired to a 400 MB cable connection.

I have been seeing new Android 11 tv boxes with 4 and 8 Gigs of Ram and was wondering if that much Ram will eliminate the buffering once and for all.
Hi as a iptv provider myself I can tell you that . It almost imposible to stop buffering. To many things need to be in allingment. For it not to buffer. Also live tv is were the buffering happen, that why you don't see it on Netflix YouTube. And or other things of that nature. What you need to do to minimize the risk of buffering. 3 or more gig of ram, device. Ram not ROM. Also a device that is up to date with firmware. Hard wire with cat 7 or higher . Hdmi 8k 2.1, as most of us Broadcasting 4k now. Only request channels and countries that your going to watch to minimize the usage of you ram that goes for the epg as well. Tv and smart tv don't have enough ram to run iptv. Headache free. Use an Android device always . And use a player that allow you to adjust your buffering Capacity. Like tivimate,xciptv,or the app that your provider ask you to use.vpn are good but will effect the rated of speed of your isp. And try to buy your service as close to the source. As possible. Look for providers that have been in business for 5 to 10 years. As we are more stable then other providers. Now days everyone selling iptv and are buying from one and another,Washing the service through to many DNS. Add that alone is causing buffering.

Last edited:
Hi as a iptv provider myself I can tell you that . It almost imposible to stop buffering. To many things need to be in allingment. For it not to buffer. Also live tv is were the buffering happen, that why you don't see it on Netflix YouTube. And or other things of that nature. What you need to do to minimize the risk of buffering. 3 or more gig of ram, device. Ram not ROM. Also a device that is up to date with firmware. Hard wire with cat 7 or higher . Hdmi 8k 2.1, as most of us Broadcasting 4k now. Only request channels and countries that your going to watch to minimize the usage of you ram that goes for the epg as well. Tv and smart tv don't have enough ram to run iptv. Headache free. Use an Android device always . And use a player that allow you to adjust your buffering Capacity. Like tivimate,xciptv,or the app that your provider ask you to use.vpn are good but will effect the rated of speed of your isp. And try to buy your service as close to the source. As possible. Look for providers that have been in business for 5 to 10 years. As we are more stable then other providers. Now days everyone selling iptv and are buying from one and another,Washing the service through to many DNS. Add that alone is causing buffering.
Wow a provider who chimes in. Someone who knows of what they speak. Although I've been in this game a year now, I'm only scratching the surface. I have learned enough to know enough. Ram is extremely important. Both of my streaming devices, an Android tv box and a new Android tv came with only 1 gig of Ram. I follow most of your recommendations from wired to wire to tivimate. I am awaiting my new tv box that has 8 gigs of Ram and my pc doesn't even have that much Ram on it. I will give it a whirl and report back in time.

I have 4 different services, 7 different apps to run the services. I have at best, minimum buffering on anything. I also use 5 different models of android boxes and find that all work fine hard wired. I also use a couple of android boxes with internal as well as external antennas. This allows me very limited buffering at times when using just wifi. Good streaming comes with a good box and a good provider.

To add to the conversation
WiFi 5g is enough for no buffering
Or cat 6 is good too for no buffet

Cat 7 is not practical for today ISP routers as most give cat 6 compatible port only. Cat 7 will clash with 99.5% of routers these days.

Also cat 7 will not work with 100 % of smart TVs. All smart TVs. Including android ones.

Cat 7 is good but it's no good if you don't have devices compatible with it. So max cable is cat 6

WiFi 5g is awesome even at 1 bar out of 5 barnsignal strength will get you 20-40mb transfer rate. Which means you will be able to watch 4k streams.

Android box with a good network board with good WiFi and good Lan board will be amazing no matter the MB of ram. However to avoid boring factor. Best to go for 2mb of ram minimum.

To add to the conversation
WiFi 5g is enough for no buffering
Or cat 6 is good too for no buffet

Cat 7 is not practical for today ISP routers as most give cat 6 compatible port only. Cat 7 will clash with 99.5% of routers these days.

Also cat 7 will not work with 100 % of smart TVs. All smart TVs. Including android ones.

Cat 7 is good but it's no good if you don't have devices compatible with it. So max cable is cat 6

WiFi 5g is awesome even at 1 bar out of 5 barnsignal strength will get you 20-40mb transfer rate. Which means you will be able to watch 4k streams.

Android box with a good network board with good WiFi and good Lan board will be amazing no matter the MB of ram. However to avoid boring factor. Best to go for 2mb of ram minimum.
Yes but you must consider that the average home has 17 to 30 device on at one time . So you need a isp of 200mb minimum these days to streaming headache free. Also you need to consider the speed that your cat wire can read information . Cat six is to slow for HD and or 4k. Cat 7 work great also make sure your Cat wire is shielded as well as your Splitter if your using one.

Back
Top Bottom