Area 51 Forum

This is the email I got:

Dear XXX
This is an official email from Area-51 Hosting. Please disreguard the last email, as it confused many, and did not have the correct date(sorry about that).
Although Area-51 will be no more, as we stated in the last email another company will be taking over. What this means is that everything will remain the same for existing customers.
That being said, no one is going to lose the service or their money. We here at Area-51 have just decided to move on to other ventures and some of us just decided to focus more on our families. We thank you for all of your loyalty and support. Moving forward, this will be the final email from Area-51 Hosting and the last time you hear from us. We thank you for your support and patience. Our friends have already come up with a new brand(and researched first) :wink wink:
If you are anxious to know the new site, you can find it here Singularity Media – Coming Real Soon!!!
*** Please Note this is NOT a scam or any sort of trickary. If you have any questions just wait a few days until we have passed the database over to our friends @ Singularity Media – Coming Real Soon!!! ***

The Area 51 Team
visit our website | log in to your account | get support
Copyright © Area 51 Hosting, All rights reserved.

:( No email for me. its too bad as they were actually quite reliable. On to the next.
Did you check your spam? Mine didn't go to spam, but it happens of course.

Only thing I received was a reply to my ticket re. Discord stopped and they moved to telegram which obviously isn’t true.

“doesn't matter , its not fully set how we want it yet. so i wouldn't worry too much just yet”. Area51

Oh well.

Only thing I received was a reply to my ticket re. Discord stopped and they moved to telegram which obviously isn’t true.

“doesn't matter , its not fully set how we want it yet. so i wouldn't worry too much just yet”. Area51

Oh well.
Can you still log into your account on the "old" client portal?

Yeah. No big deal. I read the email in this forum. I guess we will see what happens and when. My sub is up July 10.

I had just paid my sub for the month a few days ago so I think the email goes out in batch’s if subs expiring soon

I still have'nt received any emails but I did get confirmation of the closure and the new link after submitting a ticket. Strange I got the Telegram link email but nothing about shutting down lol

You have a Telegram link invite? Can you share, please?
The Telegram channel has already been deleted. I was told in a ticket that it's no longer supported due to the closure. It tells me that maybe none of this was really planned/thought out as it's constantly changed. Why setup a Telegram channel only to remove it a day later?, emails saying Outerlimits will take over , today it's now Singularity lol

Mine still works and I also never received the email...
Have you just paid recently? Some think the emails are going out based on the remaining time.

Paid late last month. My renewal is coming up on the 17th. The odd thing is some people who have an active subscription are saying it's down for them.

Paid late last month. My renewal is coming up on the 17th. The odd thing is some people who have an active subscription are saying it's down for them.
Thanks. I think things will sort themselves out okay, I received emails on June 30 and July 1. The service is working fine. Payment portal working. The new landing page is working. I'm good through July 12. But there seems nothing consistent about who has service or who received emails.

I wonder if the price you paid each month determined if you received an email. Some people paid 5, some 10...I wonder if the lower end is getting left off.
That's another anomaly, it seems price is not the issue here, although there will be people thinking they're dropped because of their price. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, A51 log in info worked without issue. Seeing as i never got any of the previous emails from Area51 about the closure i'll have to keep an eye on this thread if there's any portal/URL changes or app updates.

Back
Top Bottom