TiviMate changing TV resolution and failing to connect

Gr8North

First of all TviiMate is the best IPTV app ever. I just love my experience with it over two years.

However I've been using TiviMate 4.6.1 on a Google Chromecast with Google TV and have encountered this odd issue on one of my devices. The other one functions correctly.

When plugged into different TVs, it seems to attempt to connect into the TV, but then there is 'no signal' on the tv. This repeats over and over. It appears to be trying at 1920x1080, then 1280x720, as the TV displays this value when connected for a fraction of a second.

You would think it's hardware, as it does not occur on my other device. The odd thing is ALL other apps are fine. the home screen, YouTube, Netflix, Prime Video and all others.

I might try down grading to 4.6.0 or an older version. But if anyone has any suggestions on how to remedy this, I'd appreciate it.

Not using Google Chromecast or Google TV I can't speak from any experience, however, I have seen anecdotal comments regarding issues with them and TiviMate. As you stated I believe one is fine. Have you tried to swap devices between the two TVs and see if it's replicated on the 'other' TV?

Hi Mike. Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have swapped two devices across three TV's. One device is fine, the other has issues on all three TVs. The Chromecasts are at the same OS version, and TiviMate is 4.6.1.
I understand it could be hardware, but it's really odd that every other app on the device works fines. Only TiviMate exhibits this issue. I think I'll be downgrading TiviMate and see if the result is different.

Thanks also to all who took the time to read this thread.

Back
Top Bottom