TiviMate 3.5.0 in beta

MikePDX

🏴󠁵󠁳󠁯󠁲󠁿 Mike 🏴󠁵󠁳󠁯󠁲󠁿
Staff member
TiviMate users will be pleased to learn that background and selection colors are user selectable. Full release is probably in a few days.

Video: TiviMate New Color Settings

TiviMate users will be pleased to learn that background and selection colors are user selectable. Full release is probably in a few days.

Video: TiviMate New Color Settings
It's a good start. I'd like to see them build on this enhancement, however, I'm not sure how much flexibility they'll have with expanding the colors beyond what is currently shown. I think there are limitations with what can be further developed w/this interface, but it's no trivial effort to change the UI design. A slick UI would be awesome, but not at the expense of a loss in functionality and customization.

It's a good start. I'd like to see them build on this enhancement, however, I'm not sure how much flexibility they'll have with expanding the colors beyond what is currently shown. I think there are limitations with what can be further developed w/this interface, but it's no trivial effort to change the UI design. A slick UI would be awesome, but not at the expense of a loss in functionality and customization.
I think as you say it's a good start. The offering for both background and selection has some good choices. I don't know where he will be going with this in the future. It's been a long-sought-after feature. Others I've seen are also somewhat limited and I personally will be happy with a couple of those choices for a long time. I just view it as a very nice upgrade even if it goes nowhere from here.

So how's the Beta working so far?
Its fine. Haven't noticed any issues. I changed the colors if for no other reason than to have a slightly difference visual. Given all the enhancements that have been made to the app, it's hard to imagine what other features remain, (that have been requested and can be supported). The group creation feature from the prior release was nice. I wouldn't mind changing out a few of the logos which i know that you can do, but I haven't seen the ability to create a seperate folder on a NAS that can be used as a source for every TV, instead of copying the logos seperately onto each device. All in all, between the app, device and service that i use, I'm a happy camper.

Back
Top Bottom