Still Having TiviMate DVR Problems - FileDataSouceException

johnbil

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I have been having recording problems and get a 'FileDataSouceException' error message. I've figured out what's causing it for me, but haven't been able to fix it.
I'm using TiviMate on an Amazon FireTV. I have a SATA HDD in an external case connected to the TV by a USB 3.0 cable. Shows are recorded to the drive, which is always powered on as long as the TV is on. If the TV is off (even if the drive is on), it fails and I get the error message.
Anyone have a work around?

Regards,
John

PS - I have tried setting a shared folder on my Windows 7 PC as the recording destination, but it sometimes also fails too. My TV and PC are connected by an ethernet cable. The problem could be the my IPV4 address changes.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I have been having recording problems and get a 'FileDataSouceException' error message. I've figured out what's causing it for me, but haven't been able to fix it.
I'm using TiviMate on an Amazon FireTV. I have a SATA HDD in an external case connected to the TV by a USB 3.0 cable. Shows are recorded to the drive, which is always powered on as long as the TV is on. If the TV is off (even if the drive is on), it fails and I get the error message.

Regards,
John

PS - I have tried setting a shared folder on my Windows 7 PC as the recording destination, but it sometimes also fails too. My TV and PC are connected by an ethernet cable. The problem could be the my IPV4 address changes.
in your modum settings you can change any of your ip addresses from dynamic to static so the particular numbers are reserved for devices. I know that after I unplug my modum for maintenance the path to the recording folder presents correctly but recording will fail. I have to retrace the path, not deleting it, but just selecting next and select as appropriate and it all works again. Hope this helps somehow.

If the TV is turned off, surely the HDD can't receive any signal!. Do you have more than one connection from your provider?

in your modum settings you can change any of your ip addresses from dynamic to static so the particular numbers are reserved for devices. I know that after I unplug my modum for maintenance the path to the recording folder presents correctly but recording will fail. I have to retrace the path, not deleting it, but just selecting next and select as appropriate and it all works again. Hope this helps somehow.
Thanks Ed. I'll give it a try.

Regards,
John

Hi Johnbil .. I don't use Amazon hardware so I might be off the mark here, however, are you able connect the external drive to the Fire TV via USB?
I believe some Fire TV products have usb and micro usb ports and can connect via USB for external drives etc.

Regards,
John

I have tried on various boxes.shield.beelink king x.z7..All the same.Will only use the original source.I pu path in correct.
/storage/8BDD-1696/Android
This is what is (Xplore )uses to to transfer files..And Works.So def tivimate prob. Heres 1 for you..I was recording ok..now goes onto pause..never did....program still on when press again..can be 20 mins.or 2hours....any ideas...

I have tried on various boxes.shield.beelink king x.z7..All the same.Will only use the original source.I pu path in correct.
/storage/8BDD-1696/Android
This is what is (Xplore )uses to to transfer files..And Works.So def tivimate prob. Heres 1 for you..I was recording ok..now goes onto pause..never did....program still on when press again..can be 20 mins.or 2hours....any ideas...
Went back to Shield,Got it to change drive following troypoint tivimate video..Now records great..Now the beelink king x. Which is a different path..
/Storage/emulated/0/movies
Is tivimate path...i have .. .
/Storage/8BDD/-1696/Android/Movies... (internal 8gb)which gives me plenty storage...
Any ideas.. postcard pls..lol

Back
Top Bottom