Replacing Fire Stick

ristras

My old Fire Stick seems to be failing and I want to replace it. Will I need to uninstall my IPTV services from the old stick before installing them on the new one to keep it from registering as a second device?

If you're just going to throw it into a junk drawer I don't see any concerns about it. On the other hand, if it makes you more comfortable go to settings/my fire tv/reset to factory defaults. Or, if you're going to get some use out of it, just uninstall the app in question.

If you're just going to throw it into a junk drawer I don't see any concerns about it. On the other hand, if it makes you more comfortable go to settings/my fire tv/reset to factory defaults. Or, if you're going to get some use out of it, just uninstall the app in question.

Thanks, Mike. I don't think I worded my question well -- my concern is about the accounts. If I'm registered with Sapphire Secure, for example, and my account is for a single device used on one TV, I'm wondering if replacing the old Fire Stick with a new one will make it look as though I'm now using two devices/TVs.

Thanks, Mike. I don't think I worded my question well -- my concern is about the accounts. If I'm registered with Sapphire Secure, for example, and my account is for a single device used on one TV, I'm wondering if replacing the old Fire Stick with a new one will make it look as though I'm now using two devices/TVs.
No, if you're not using the other device simultaneously it's not an issue. But again, simply delete whatever app you were using for access if that's your concern.

Back
Top Bottom