Recordings

skippie1770

Hi, new to this, how do the recordings work ? Do you have to have Tivimate on whilst recording ? Can you have more than 1 recordings at the same time ? Last night i recorded something set for an hour recording, moved to my satellite box to watch something but the recording shows only 15 mins recorded.

I think your device needs to be on whilst recording, only one way to find out. You need more than one connection from your iptv provider to record. Even if you are watching the channel you are recording you will need two connections. The more channels you want to record the more connections you need. If you only have one connection and your recording stopped after a certain time that could be your provider cutting you off, or it could be your device not having enough space left, or it
could be that the stream you were recording stopped for a split second, this would stop the recording as well.

If your recording worked for 15 mins then it is working, however, if it cut short then in might be you have insufficient space available as Ravo said. It goes without saying that your internet connection needs to be stable.
I don't always have Tivimate on when I'm recording. I find sometimes it works and sometimes not. Also, recordings that fail are often a result of an inconsistent connection from the IPTV provider. (athough in my experience the providers will often say "nothing wrong at our end".

If your recording worked for 15 mins then it is working, however, if it cut short then in might be you have insufficient space available as Ravo said. It goes without saying that your internet connection needs to be stable.
I don't always have Tivimate on when I'm recording. I find sometimes it works and sometimes not. Also, recordings that fail are often a result of an inconsistent connection from the IPTV provider. (athough in my experience the providers will often say "nothing wrong at our end".
I have 2 TB of space on my new HDD i bought for it, secondly i have 1 Gbps of connection speed. So both can't be the cause on my side.

I have 2 TB of space on my new HDD i bought for it, secondly i have 1 Gbps of connection speed. So both can't be the cause on my side
So you have enough space and a good connection. You don't say how many connections you have with your provider! you need at least 2 to record. Even if you have good internet speed, as Gaz-57 said one small glitch with the stream from your provider will stop the recording. Sorry to say but recording from IPTV will all ways be hit and miss. Personally i use an app called ProgTV for my recordings and it's very very rare i have any problems even if the stream is a bit iffy, but saying that my provider only
does UK free to air channels which is only about 80 channels.

2 connections a required as a minimum for recording. Gigabit internet is plenty good enough and a 2TB HDD is fine. It's quite likely that the issues are from your provider. My IPTV recordings work sometimes and other times it's not so good. Also, many IPTV providers have streams that work better on certain channels and not so great on other channels.
For example, my provider priorities heavily on international sports channels, their sporting channels are much more consistent than the tv series or movie channels.

According to Gaz-57, even a minor problem with the stream coming from your supplier is enough to halt the recording. I'm sorry to break it to you, but capturing content from IPTV will never be reliable...

I think your device needs to be on whilst recording, only one way to find out. You need more than one connection from your iptv provider to record. Even if you are watching the channel you are recording you will need two connections. The more channels you want to record the more connections you need. If you only have one connection and your recording stopped after a certain time that could be your provider cutting you off, or it could be your device not having enough space left, or it
could be that the stream you were recording stopped for a split second, this would stop the recording as well.
I'm having the same issue
I can record about 10-15 minutes then it loops back to the beginning
I'm not able to fast forward or rewind Is there a fix or an update coming soon the prior app it worked good
Thank you

Hello
Yes I have 2 connections
I have recorded previous and now it's only recording 10-15 minutes then it loops to the beginning

Perhaps try a different IPTV software lke Smarters Pro and see if that works .. it may help define if it's the software malfunctioning.

Back
Top Bottom