Recording Using Tivimate

slimsta1

Hi
Thanks for looking in, appreciate it.

I'm trying to understand - Recording using tivimate.
A directory has been set up via smb to record from firestick to pc.
Does it matter if HDD Is Fat32 or NTFS?
Can you record using one sub / line? (Watch same channel as recording?)
Or
do you need an additional sub / line to record?
Or
Do you need a multiroom connection?
Confused a little, and have heard people locked out or kicked off their line / sub for using multiscreen or same sub / line on two devices?
Is this the same principle for recording? as didn't want to record if it jeopardises the line / sub.
Thanks in advance (y)
Many Thanks

mine records to ntfs formatted hdd and have no direct knowledge of fat32's effect, i assume it would be fine. You need two connections for any recording attempt while watching. I dont know what a 'multiroom connection' is supposed to be.

mine records to ntfs formatted hdd and have no direct knowledge of fat32's effect, i assume it would be fine. You need two connections for any recording attempt while watching. I dont know what a 'multiroom connection' is supposed to be.
Hi Ed209
Thanks for replying i read that if you recorded with a firestick or firebox that it wouldn't record after 60 seconds unless HDD was formated to fat32 unsure if thats true or not? ref "multiroom" again i read this is more than one connection purchased via provider thus enabling you to either record more than one channel or to use tivimate on other devices (up to 5) allowing different users in the same houshold to watch different channels at the same time.
Regards

Hi Ed209
Thanks for replying i read that if you recorded with a firestick or firebox that it wouldn't record after 60 seconds unless HDD was formated to fat32 unsure if thats true or not? ref "multiroom" again i read this is more than one connection purchased via provider thus enabling you to either record more than one channel or to use tivimate on other devices (up to 5) allowing different users in the same houshold to watch different channels at the same time.
Regards
nope, i use a firestick4k and an nsfs hdd win10 networked comp and dont have that issue unless the network path is disrupted and has to be reinputted
As far as connections go in your explaination, it doesnt matter how many tivimates you have or televisions there are the number of simultaneous views depends on your iptv sub.

nope, i use a firestick4k and an nsfs hdd win10 networked comp and dont have that issue unless the network path is disrupted and has to be reinputted
As far as connections go in your explaination, it doesnt matter how many tivimates you have or televisions there are the number of simultaneous views depends on your iptv sub.
Thats great! Cleared a load up for me Ed209
Many Thanks for your help and support, really appreciated
Best Rgds

Trying to record off of tivimate on to a USB inserted in to a fire stick. If anyone out there could help that would be great.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom