Potential issues with Fire TV Stick 4K - 1st Gen (2018)

MattyScaffa

Lately, I’ve noticed that the 1st Gen Fire TV Stick 4k’s (2018), have been freezing and running very slow. This is independent of any IPTV service which may be installed on these devices. I’m talking about apps (from Google store not side loaded) that seem to have difficulty responding. I’m not sure what is causing the problem, only that I have seen this problem on multiple devices including similar devices belonging to other family members. I make sure that these devices are properly maintained for optimal performance, (e.g. storage capacity, cache, connectivity, etc.), so I’m convinced that it’s not a defective device, especially when we’re talking about maybe 4 or 5 devices. I know that Amazon loves to continually add bloatware but I do a very good job of staying on top of that. I’m wondering if the latest OS 6 upgrade has fucked up these devices. I wouldn’t put it past Amazon to do something like that in an effort to sell more of their newer hardware. Anyone else notice that these devices have been working like shit lately?

Yes, definitely in process in making new sales with firestick. I see your posting about care to the firestick 4k, I've been having similar issues with apps, not live tv itself. The storage is another cause of buffering, delay in plays even when storage seems low. What I've done was a factory reset. It deletes all hidden files that clear cache does not, sounds weird but true. After the reset, you'll notice fast acting to all features on the stick. Other things that causes lag is the apps itself, updated apps appear to be updates, however depending on were the apps are coming from, especially from side loading. Hopefully this helps, my thoughts and things I've done. Cheers

Yes, definitely in process in making new sales with firestick. I see your posting about care to the firestick 4k, I've been having similar issues with apps, not live tv itself. The storage is another cause of buffering, delay in plays even when storage seems low. What I've done was a factory reset. It deletes all hidden files that clear cache does not, sounds weird but true. After the reset, you'll notice fast acting to all features on the stick. Other things that causes lag is the apps itself, updated apps appear to be updates, however depending on were the apps are coming from, especially from side loading. Hopefully this helps, my thoughts and things I've done. Cheers
Thanks for your insight and yes, on past occasions, I re-imaged several 4k devices, (as a last resort), which does seem to resolve the problem (for a while anyway). My issue is that I seem to be doing this alot more than in the past. I definitely don't see these devices working as flawlessly as they once had and I have not made any major changes to them. IMHO, it seems like Amazon is trying to expedite their demise in hopes that you'll spend more money on a new one

Back
Top Bottom