Losing Favorites

Redsfan83

Hey guys, new to Tivimate and the forum.

I have everything installed and running, have figured out how to record to my NAS so very happy with the app so far. Question though in that a couple of times I have completely lost my Favorites. Screen would just go blank, happened 2x in the first week. Is this the reason I should Backup data? Anybody know why this happens?

Hey guys, new to Tivimate and the forum.

I have everything installed and running, have figured out how to record to my NAS so very happy with the app so far. Question though in that a couple of times I have completely lost my Favorites. Screen would just go blank, happened 2x in the first week. Is this the reason I should Backup data? Anybody know why this happens?
I have seen reports of this happening over the years. It has not happened to me. Unclear what may be happening. Do you have T'mate installed on only one device, if on more did it happen on those as well? Possibility it's on the provider end if they moved channel assignments it might have messed up your favorites. You need a backup for many reasons, it's simply good practice. In the meantime, you can try refreshing your playlist, clearing the app cache, force stopping, and restarting your device.

I have seen reports of this happening over the years. It has not happened to me. Unclear what may be happening. Do you have T'mate installed on only one device, if on more did it happen on those as well? Possibility it's on the provider end if they moved channel assignments it might have messed up your favorites. You need a backup for many reasons, it's simply good practice. In the meantime, you can try refreshing your playlist, clearing the app cache, force stopping, and restarting your device.
Thanks for the reply! I am running Tivimate on 2 Firestock 4k's and another provider on a Formuler Box. This has happened on each Firestick device over the last week which is indeed odd. Constantly cleaning app cache on Firesticks as they aren't the greatest of runnining IPTV of course.

Thanks for the reply! I am running Tivimate on 2 Firestock 4k's and another provider on a Formuler Box. This has happened on each Firestick device over the last week which is indeed odd. Constantly cleaning app cache on Firesticks as they aren't the greatest of runnining IPTV of course.
If it happened on each Firestick, and only from that one provider and not the other, then TBH I would be looking to assume that provider messed about with maintenance, or moved channels around to kill your faves. I have half a dozen Fire devices, 4Ks, Cubes, and 4KMaxes, and never have an issue with them. If that other provider on the Formuler box hasn't messed with your faves I would again be pointing a finger at the provider on the two sticks. I wouldn't blame the sticks. Clearing the cache is overrated, force stopping and restarting the device is not. It is quite annoying, difficult to pinpoint, and makes backup essential.

If it happened on each Firestick, and only from that one provider and not the other, then TBH I would be looking to assume that provider messed about with maintenance, or moved channels around to kill your faves. I have half a dozen Fire devices, 4Ks, Cubes, and 4KMaxes, and never have an issue with them. If that other provider on the Formuler box hasn't messed with your faves I would again be pointing a finger at the provider on the two sticks. I wouldn't blame the sticks. Clearing the cache is overrated, force stopping and restarting the device is not. It is quite annoying, difficult to pinpoint, and makes backup essential.
Could be them indeed, will see what happens the next few days. I use mytvonline2 on the box, so no issues with that as of yet. Bit of a pain continually adding Fav's, but will see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom