I purchased a premium subscription

TonyHoward

I purchased a premium subscription for tivimate to work with my iptv supply on my 4k Firestick but since installing and converting my existing playlist over to tivimate I have some signal interruption's that I was not getting before. Freezing in particular and then a buffering issue I do not get this when I use my iptv subscription when not connecting via tivimate
Anybody know if I have missed a setting or something ?

What maintenance have you done and how recent?

There are some server problems occurring in random areas maybe that's effecting you. It's nessessay to do more regular maintenance than that though. Once a week you should unplug the router and your device for 10 minutes and then replug the router, then the device and go to the device settings and clear the app caches, not the data but the caches.

Thanks for that Interesting personally I suspect my ISP provider is throttling but cannot prove it and the supplied router is one where I do not have access to put a VPN on it, so I have a VPN on the 4K Firestick
I wonder if I purchased a different router and put a VPN on the router I could stop any potential attempts from my ISP too throttle the signal at weekends

Thanks for that Interesting personally I suspect my ISP provider is throttling but cannot prove it and the supplied router is one where I do not have access to put a VPN on it, so I have a VPN on the 4K Firestick
I wonder if I purchased a different router and put a VPN on the router I could stop any potential attempts from my ISP too throttle the signal at weekends
You only need the VPN on your stick to mask its traffic, not necessary at all to have it on the router!

You only need the VPN on your stick to mask its traffic, not necessary at all to have it on the router!
Thanks for that So I wonder why I am getting the buffering and freezing especially at weekends. I have three subscriptions on the Firestick (two run out in Jan 2022) and its the same on all of them even though I am only running tivimate on one of them. Frustrating for sure

It sounds like a regular schedule of maintenance is the problem Tony, you have to do it! 1 the firestick needs to have 2gb of free space if you don't have that, un install unused apps. 2 router and stick need to be unplugged for 5 minutes once a week. Then plug in the router till its completely started then plug in the stick. Start the stick, navigate to settings/applications/manage installed applications, check each app and clear its cache NOT data just cache. Make sure you clear tivimate's. You don't have to do all the apps for example I only clear the app store tivimate and one other whose cache builds up. 3 unplug and clear cache on tivimate at least once a day. This is what I do and buffer is never on my end and It's a very rare thing.

Thanks for that and will follow your advice from now on although deleting apps to get down to 2gb on the stick might be an issue as there is only 5.28 on my stick and many apps I don't use are permanently pre loaded onto the stick If I took off my installed apps like BBCiplayer C4 VLC etc and my subscription I would not be able to use the Firestick anyway so I don't know what I can uninstall to get to 2gb on the stick

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom