Help - Cannot find NAS shares for Rec Folder on Firestick OS 6.2.8.1 w/Tivimate v4.1.0

gmarsz01

I'm wanting to set up TiviMate for use as a whole house DVR between all 3 of my firestick 4k's but cannot get it to recognize my Dlink DNS-320 NAS (smb1) on the LAN, which I've used successfully for years across all of my PC's. It works fine on USB (seeing a fast USB 3.x.x FAT32) OTG attached 128 GB drive. However, it did stumble on a cheap 64GB USB 3.0 flash drive from Wally World. Most likely do to a slower write speed I'm guessing, as anytime I tried to record, it would pi$$ it's pants and forget it's name like Cousin Eddie proclaimed he did in Christmas Vacation. Anyway, I just wanted to get that out there incase anyone else was having issues with USB recording. Again, my goal in unlocking the TiviMate Premium feature, was so that I could use my NAS and share recordings across all 3 of my Firesticks as a whole house DVR. I can see and use the NAS in other apps like x-plore v4.26.00 and install apps via the NAS. The NAS is not on the default windows workgrouop: "WORKGROUP", but I don't see any option for changing it on the firestick. I also don't see the option for ejecting a USB on any of my Firesticks anymore either... I'm also using Nord VPN but I don't believe that has any significance to LAN NAS communications. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... :)

Oh...
BTW:
I'm using TiviMate with my own HDHomerun m3u playlist and my own EPG source, which is working fine... I just want it working as a whole house dvr via my NAS.

Last edited:
UPDATE- Solved
I found out that my VPN (Nord) causes issues with TiviMate recognising LAN shares. Disabling VPN and re-starting the firestick let me finally get to my NAS and assign a record folder. Also note that adding TiviMate as a trusted app in Nord also didn't seem to solve the issue. Since I'm using TiviMate for my OTA HDHomerun that's not a big deal. However... I would not advise this if you are using IPTV services from others!!! I have not yet tried to see if re-engaging my Nord VPN after the successful assignment of my NAS DVR folder but will be trying that soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom