DVR Problems

johnbil

I have been unable to record anything with the DVR function. When I first started using the app, it worked fine, but now nothing. I keep getting the error message - 'FileDataSouceException' when I try to view a recording. I notice that sometimes the recording stops after 1 minute.
Also, I also get another error message (#403) when I start the app. Does anyone know how I can correct these problems?

Regards,
John

TiviMate v3.6.0 (Premium)
Amazon FireTV (OS 6.2.7.8)
Using an external drive - USB 3.0 Flash Drive

im keeping eye on this thread. mine stopped working also

I get this same issue regularly - no ide what the problem is. Very frustrating. (I use a Xaomi Mi-Box (TV Box) connected to my Samsung TV with TV-mate and a 2TB hdd connected via usb to the Mi-Box)

Fingers crossed, I think my TiviMate DVR problems may be solved. Here’s some things that I found, which I hope may give others some possible direction.

Firstly, I made an adjustment in my Amazon Fire TV to allow the app’s ‘Permission’.

Recently, I have been getting ‘UnrecognizedInputFormatException’ error messages. I have been using a USB flash drive as the destination for my recordings. Although I formatted the flash as ‘Fat32’, it may not be the required format for my TV’s OS. I switched to the TV’s Internal Storage and the DVR started working.

Soon though, I began getting 'FileDataSouceException' messages. There was some free space on the internal drive, but apparently not enough. I freed up a substantial amount and it started working again.

Bottom line, storage may be the answers to these problems.

iin
Fingers crossed, I think my TiviMate DVR problems may be solved. Here’s some things that I found, which I hope may give others some possible direction.

Firstly, I made an adjustment in my Amazon Fire TV to allow the app’s ‘Permission’.

Recently, I have been getting ‘UnrecognizedInputFormatException’ error messages. I have been using a USB flash drive as the destination for my recordings. Although I formatted the flash as ‘Fat32’, it may not be the required format for my TV’s OS. I switched to the TV’s Internal Storage and the DVR started working.

Soon though, I began getting 'FileDataSouceException' messages. There was some free space on the internal drive, but apparently not enough. I freed up a substantial amount and it started working again.

Bottom line, storage may be the answers to these problemsiinyeresting about the permissions ill have to fool with mine. firestick has been foolin with apps not their own lately.

Back
Top Bottom