Can Tivi-mate record a scheduled program when TV is powered off?

Gaz-57

Hello.,
Firstly let me say I am new to the forum and have been using Tivi mate for just a few days.
I have been using IPTV Smarters Pro for streaming for about 6 months and it's been good except for recording programs.

I have set up my new Tivi mate premium version and it appears to be functioning reasonably, however, I don't seem to be able to record a scheduled program when the TV is turned off. (which I thought could be done)

I have an external USB drive connected and I am able to record (albeit with some occasional flickering picture issues) when TV is on .. however,

when the TV is off the recording seems to stop?
Any suggestions?
Many thanks.

Is your Firestick plugged into a socket or do you use the USB port on your tv for its power?

Thanks for responding Crystalblue6161.,

I dont use the Firestick .. I have an Android TV and Tivimate and IPTV Smarters Pro are installed directly onto the television and I have an external USB hard drive connected with a folder set up for recording to it.

Sorry..my bad! 😉 you didn’t mention Firestick! But maybe that’s why the recording stops. The apk is installed directly onto the tv and shutting down the tv shuts down the app.

Yes, thanks, what you say makes a certain degree of sense .. kinda defeats the purpose of scheduled recording though.

Unfortunately many of the things I like to watch are broadcast from other time zones in other contries which means I am usually working or sleeping when they are broadcast and therefore I need to schedule the recordings.

Guess I need to put an Android TV box between the TV and the USB drive and set up Tivi mate on the Android box. (Seems silly when I have a full android TV with a functional Tivi mate) :)

Yes, thanks, what you say makes a certain degree of sense .. kinda defeats the purpose of scheduled recording though.

Unfortunately many of the things I like to watch are broadcast from other time zones in other contries which means I am usually working or sleeping when they are broadcast and therefore I need to schedule the recordings.
I agree totally! The slightest glitch causes recordings to stop..a slight buffer in the stream can cause a glitch. I see a lot of issues here lately with recordings and TiviMate. Not sure what is going on. Some people have no issues at all while other can’t get a recording to last more than a few minutes no matter what they try. 🤷‍♀️

A lot of people use 4K Firestick’s and an OTG cable and usb. They leave TiviMate run in the background with the Firestick in “sleep mode” and it records just fine.

I have a Firestick and 2 x Android TV Boxes so there would have to be a solution for me amongst those and teh firestick you suggested is a great place to start.

You’re lucky to already have all the tools in your tool belt already! Good luck and please post back what worked for you. It helps others that may be in the same boat as you are. Thanks for sharing! 😉👍

Set Up Xiaomi Mi-Box to my 2nd TV and the results so far are inconsistent .. sometimes it records well for a fair period of time and sometimes it just cuts out after 25-30secs.
Occasionally when it buffers it continues to record for a while, th evideo will freeze and audiu keeps going and it all sort of "catches up" a few moments later .. and then dies.

Very hard to isolate the source of the issues., it could be the IPTV Smarters Pro software I use, it might be the Tivi-mate software configuration itself and it could be my ISP wi-fi signal. I will continue to try to resolve it.
Very frustrating all this.:dont-know-emoji:

Back
Top Bottom