Buffering

Avalanche

A lot of buffering right now.. Is this normal I'm very new to mobus. My backup is working fine right now though..

Hi there,
Technically speaking you should not get buffering.
But some buffering will be expected if the following :-

-If using WiF and you using not 5g WiFi.
-If you are using cable and not using cat 6 cable.
-and finally if you are been throatled with your internet provider. Which means you need VPN to fix it

Hi there,
Technically speaking you should not get buffering.
But some buffering will be expected if the following :-

-If using WiF and you using not 5g WiFi.
-If you are using cable and not using cat 6 cable.
-and finally if you are been throatled with your internet provider. Which means you need VPN to fix it

I have a Firestick 4k connected via 5g WiFi showing good strength of signal, dl speeds of 50+ Mbps, and do use Surfshark VPN...

Despite this, sometimes I find get buffering while watching using Tivimate. It may not happen for days or weeks but it can happen enough to be frustrating.

I don't encounter buffering with other non-IPTV services (Netflix, Prime, Disney+, etc). I find it most frequently during NFL football games, case in point it was very bad just now on all the NBC channels (Sunday Night NFL).

I have tried making sure the Firestick is not full (at 50% space usage), will do a force stop and restart the Firestick, etc but often this is a temporary fix. I watch on two tvs at different times, but never have both on at the same time.

Any suggestions on what I could do to alleviate this? Again, it's not all the time, but does occur enough to be frustrating! Also, I have the original Mobus app for a few years back...is there a new app I could get and try (I like Tivimate but sometimes wonder if that might be part of my issues, though seemed same with Smarters)?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi there
It's possible that you Are getting throatling and even VPN could be required to be changed from country to another such USA Europe Canada or any country that will recude this ;)

Also in regards to the Netflix and other similar services. You will never get throatling on them because they don't use live data stream or constant data stream
They are using burst data cachef mode which is the reason why ISP like to keep there nodes always unblocked and un-throatled

In other news also we are also going to be making big change soon which we will announcein the news section

Hi there
It's possible that you Are getting throatling and even VPN could be required to be changed from country to another such USA Europe Canada or any country that will recude this ;)

Also in regards to the Netflix and other similar services. You will never get throatling on them because they don't use live data stream or constant data stream
They are using burst data cachef mode which is the reason why ISP like to keep there nodes always unblocked and un-throatled

In other news also we are also going to be making big change soon which we will announcein the news section

Thanks for the suggestion and info! I'll try connecting using another country with my VPN when I notice it buffering and let you know... It's unpredictable, but I notice it most often on NBC, CBS, FOX channels when I do watch them (typically only for sports, specifically NFL games). I'll be curious to see what this change will be...haha, any hints you can DM me?!

Since writing, I've tried multiple things (using different countries on Surfshark, using those with fewer user/connections, modifying the VPN protocol, lower resolution display settings on my Firestick4k, etc). For the most part I thought I had cleared it up to the point it was very tolerable (and brief) when it did occur.

That was until just now when trying to watch Sunday Night Football on the NBC channels. I've restarted my Firestick 4k, cleared cache on Tivimate, reconnected to various countries in Surfshark, and switched from one NBC channel to another). Every NBC channel I try results in video stoppage/spinning circle every 6-7 seconds or so lasting anywhere from 30-60 seconds, and repeats all over again. Yet I try other channels such as Reelz, NFL Network, Fox Sports, and Discovery Channel for example (in the USA TV and USA Full HD groups) with no issue. I did notice spinning maybe twice for a few seconds during the entire time on these channel, but that's extremely tolerable! Then switching back to NBC to see how it reacted and again, a long wait for it start playing. Then plays for 6-7 seconds, spins for up to minute, and repeats!

Seeing that it's only the NBC channels I'm wondering if it's an issue there? Just not sure how one specific set of channels could be due to an issue or setting on my end? But of course I'm not the expert in this area, lol

Thanks and let me know if I can answer or test anything for you!

Since writing, I've tried multiple things (using different countries on Surfshark, using those with fewer user/connections, modifying the VPN protocol, lower resolution display settings on my Firestick4k, etc). For the most part I thought I had cleared it up to the point it was very tolerable (and brief) when it did occur.

That was until just now when trying to watch Sunday Night Football on the NBC channels. I've restarted my Firestick 4k, cleared cache on Tivimate, reconnected to various countries in Surfshark, and switched from one NBC channel to another). Every NBC channel I try results in video stoppage/spinning circle every 6-7 seconds or so lasting anywhere from 30-60 seconds, and repeats all over again. Yet I try other channels such as Reelz, NFL Network, Fox Sports, and Discovery Channel for example (in the USA TV and USA Full HD groups) with no issue. I did notice spinning maybe twice for a few seconds during the entire time on these channel, but that's extremely tolerable! Then switching back to NBC to see how it reacted and again, a long wait for it start playing. Then plays for 6-7 seconds, spins for up to minute, and repeats!

Seeing that it's only the NBC channels I'm wondering if it's an issue there? Just not sure how one specific set of channels could be due to an issue or setting on my end? But of course I'm not the expert in this area, lol

Thanks and let me know if I can answer or test anything for you!
The <problem> with IPTV is that it is not plug and play. While providing access to literally thousands of worldwide live-tv channels (and tv shows and movies), at an incredible price point it's not without an occasional hiccup. For those who are invested in this technology, we usually try a few workarounds whenever an issue arises. As an example, if you wanted to watch the Bills game, there are many CBS/FOX/NBC affiliates that you can choose from. Unfortunately, whenever there is a big sporting event, that's usually when IPTV demand is at its highest. Some of us opt for a backup service which is helpful should another service have issues, but when demand is high and/or a DDoS attack occurs, it may not make a difference. You seem to have a good handle on how to utilize some best practices around device performance (perhaps an occasional router reset "might" help, but not always). Like Oddballs stated, there is rarely an issue with the other streaming services like Netflix, Youtube TV and Prime. There's a reason why these other services can be a bit costly. Sometimes, we just have to bite the bullet, although i can empathize with anyone who has a nagging wife who blows her top whenever the Bachelor is on and the device will occasionally buffer. It's like the end of the world. To me ABC seems to buffer the most but that's probably because this is the only channel that my wife watches. So for those who complain, perhaps you can get a digital antenna or split a YouTube TV license with 2 other friends who also have nagging wives, lol. And never try to help out an older person who may be living within a fixed income. Most of them will be up your butt every 10 minutes for one reason or another. Most don't adjust well to anything outside plug and play. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom