Inconsistent recording - sometimes works, sometimes 1 min

mickalopagus

I am wondering if I have this setup the wrong way.

Nvidia Sheld Pro + Tivimate, both fully updated, Tivimate is through wireless with strong connection @2-300 MBS/sec. It is connected via usb-c to samsung T7 2 TB SSD. We have a service with 3 connections and never watch TV live, always recordings. Normally we dont have the TV on at all.

Id say 60% of the time the recordings fail. Is there a setting on the shield or TV mate that can make this more consistent?

Thanks.

I use a Xiaomi TV-Boc connected via wi-fi to my TV and I have a 650mbps internet average speed.
I'm interested in this same problem as my Tivimate recordings are consistently failing.

yes i use a Nvidia Sheld the same happing to me, recording stops, after 1 min, sometimes it goes well, but not offen, any help
thanks
jj

At this point I'm unable to work out ff it's a provider issue, a hardware or a software issue.

there have been loads of problems regarding nvidia shield since their last update, some hot fixes have been issued since then. I would try a different player, i use an app called ProgTV for all my recordings with no problems at all plus you can pause live TV.

there have been loads of problems regarding nvidia shield since their last update, some hot fixes have been issued since then. I would try a different player, i use an app called ProgTV for all my recordings with no problems at all plus you can pause live TV.
where did you get the prog tv ? is it a paid app?

prog TV is from the google play store you can try for free. For PC you download it from his web site.

prog TV is from the google play store you can try for free. For PC you download it from his web site.
so i just tried to record on both tv with 2 separate services and they both worked , i am using tivimate , i would like to try another recording app , what about iptv extreme , whats everyone's take on this ?

Thanks, ill give ProgTV a shot. Maybe we can use both. Tivimate is cool, and dang it wouldve been a steal at $25 if the recording thing was reliable.

That could be down to your provider, it does not take much for it to stop a recording

That could be down to your provider, it does not take much for it to stop a recording
I think it will be a good test with this other program. If they both have issues then maybe it is the VPN I am using. Definitely not ruling anything out, but this should give some confirmation. Will report back.

so i just tried to record on both tv with 2 separate services and they both worked , i am using tivimate , i would like to try another recording app , what about iptv extreme , whats everyone's take on this ?
I like IPTV Extreme, the user interface is easy enough and you can download movies and you can record in different formats

I'm not to familiar with ProgTV and I'm not a big fan of the interface, I prefer IPTV Extreme but both have pros and cons

just a update , i been recording all week , my setup is 2 shield tv tubes both have 256GB sd cards 1 i have been deleted after each recording the other i been letting add up to see how many i can get on sd card , now i do have 2 separate services 1 has 2 connection and other has 4 connections , hope it keeps up like this , but i would like to test another app just dont know which one
thanks

Back
Top Bottom