Which version of Amazon Fire Stick TV do I have?

husham

Doctor, PHD
Staff member
Question: Which version of Amazon Fire Stick TV do I have?
Answer: You can find a description of all Fire TV devices by clicking here to visit the Amazon website.

The following is a list of the Fire TV Sticks that Amazon has released is:
  • Fire TV Stick 1st generation - released in November 2014, discontinued
  • Fire TV Stick 2nd generation - released in November 2016, available
  • Fire TV Stick Basic Edition - released in November 2017, a special version of the 2nd generation Fire TV Stick available for non-US customers only,
  • Fire TV Stick 4K - released October 2018, available
The easiest way to differentiate between different models is by looking at the size of the device and the remote control.
  • The 1st generation Fire TV Stick is slightly shorter, more narrow, and has a basic remote.
  • The 2nd generation Fire TV Stick is slightly longer and wider and has a longer remote equipped with a microphone which allows voice searches.
  • The Fire TV Stick Basic Edition is the same size as the 2nd generation Fire TV Stick, but has the same basic remote as the 1st generation Fire TV Stick and does not have voice search support. This difference is so that it is compatible with international markets.
  • Fire TV Stick 4K is larger than all the previous generations and drops the word "Amazon" from the logo on the side of the device. It also has a new remote with volume controls, a power button and LED. The word "Amazon" is removed from the logo on this version.

Which Firestick Version shall I buy?
Among all the Firestick version I recommend only the 4K Version ( https://www.husham.com/amazonfirestick ) , It is the only one that is fast for KODI, APK and has Alexa and games and plenty of space inside it.

Click here to get your Amazon Firestick

Back
Top Bottom