Setting up a media server for my kodi devices?

WestonMicah

Hello, im just wondering what would be the best option to set up a media server for my htpc's. Got one in my living room (w10) running kodi, and another one in my bedrom also windows10 running kodi. I would like to set up a media server so both my devices can access my movie library. I have looked into FreeNas and considering trying that out first, im just wondering if someone else here have a media server for their movies and would like to share some tips on how to get started.10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 hotmail.com

Last edited:
Hello, im just wondering what would be the best option to set up a media server for my htpc's. Got one in my living room (w10) running kodi, and another one in my bedrom also windows10 running kodi. I would like to set up a media server so both my devices can access my movie library. I have looked into FreeNas and considering trying that out first, im just wondering if someone else here have a media server for their movies and would like to share some tips on how to get started.
KODI seems like the obvious choice for sure as it is the popular one. But might I suggest Plex in both systems instead
Media managment in PLEX is alot more .. EASY ( yes easy is the right word )

If you have a full storage of contents then PLEX might be the way to go instead

KODI setup is like this..
Add the location of the videos to a library and add the plugins to read the media. Such as media information and subtitles

Back
Top Bottom