Please help: Cannot record to USB flash drive

Mackie

Hi, I read through many posts but have not been able to find a solution to my problem yet.

I use a Formuler Z8 box with Android 7.0. I tried two USB sticks with diffirent sizes (256Gb and 512Gb). I tried various file systems including FAT32, exFAT and NTFS. When I attempt to select the recording folder under Settings - Other - Recording it will not accept the folder I select on the USB drive. I always get the "Failed to change the recordings folder" message.

I then saw on another post suggesting to manually type in the path to the folder. E.g. /storage/sda1/recordings. I did that and it sorted out the "Failed to change the recordings folder" error message. When I now record it even seems to record (the red light is on). When I stop the recording I can also the the recording under the TiViMate Recordings menu. When trying to play the recording however, I get "An error occurred: FileDataSourceException" and the recording won't play. I also tried with external players with no luck.

When looking at the drive on my PC the folder that I was supposed to record to is empty.

O yes, when the recording path is set to internal memory. I can record and also watch the recording without any problems. So the issue is clearly related to external USB memory.

Please guys. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Sounds like your trying everything. Sometimes ghost settings remain though and maybe it's as simple as that. Delete the recording settings you've entered. Clear cache and close, even unplug device for a bit and try again with a shared folder on the USB setup.
Make sure the permissions are for everyone and read and write with no password is set

Thanks a lot Ed. I'll give it a shot. I am not sure how to do this in Android "Make sure the permissions are for everyone and read and write with no password is set". It is a simple USB stick (not a NAS).

I was just guessing about the permissions but you can set them on your PC.

Dm'd you

Thanks Ed. I checked your DM and replied. I have also tried everything you suggested above but with no luck. I somehow think this is a TiViMate bug. I can access the USB drive. I can write to it with a file manager and I can also record to it with the native formuler IPTV app. I wonder if I should try a different TiViMate version. I have 4.1.0 installed.

Trying a different version is worth a try, recording with tivimate seems hit or miss in general. I have no problem recording to a networked PC but could never get tivimate to see a USB

A short update. I finally just got myself a Fire TV Stick 4K Max and connected a 256Gb USB stick via OTG cable and everything seems to work fine now. The stick must be formatted with a FAT32 files system though (other file systems did not work).

Back
Top Bottom