Picture Quality

Hi guys
I sent in a support ticket because I was watching tennis on Canadian TSN channels....they replied that the stream was flawless on his web player...I offered to provide clip of the freezing....now I noticed the stream is fluid ..but the picture quality ( codec ) has dropped to not HD quality

Hi guys
I sent in a support ticket because I was watching tennis on Canadian TSN channels....they replied that the stream was flawless on his web player...I offered to provide clip of the freezing....now I noticed the stream is fluid ..but the picture quality ( codec ) has dropped to not HD quality
Can't see any issues on my end. Currently looking at TSN 2 with the tennis on. Unless it's been fixed since you last looked at it. What app and codes are you using for watching?

Can't see any issues on my end. Currently looking at TSN 2 with the tennis on. Unless it's been fixed since you last looked at it. What app and codes are you using for watching?
yes ..it appears to have been solved...before the support ticket the video would freeze and resume maybe 10 seconds later ...I checked on different devices ...after the support the video played without freeing...but the streams quality was reduce to 960 x 640...instead of the usual 1280x720....( minimum for HD ) or 1920x1080 .... Hard to follow tennis when the ball freezes mid air ;);)
Just as I posted it TSN 3 started to freeze

Last edited:
yes ..it appears to have been solved...before the support ticket the video would freeze and resume maybe 10 seconds later ...I checked on different devices ...after the support the video played without freeing...but the streams quality was reduce to 960 x 640...instead of the usual 1280x720....( minimum for HD ) or 1920x1080 .... Hard to follow tennis when the ball freezes mid air ;);)
Just as I posted it TSN 3 started to freeze
Totally get it. Frustrating when you are trying to watch something live especially sports and the picture freezes or the picture quality is subpar. I had freezing issues in the past with various channels including the 24hr ones and it was only when I switched apps to the OTT navigator app, along with using the vlc codec as an external player within the app settings, thar I now rarely have any freezing issues with the service.. Not that I'm saying it'll guarantee that it'll fix your current viewing issue, but this combination for me has pretty much solved any of the channel issues I once had.

There have been a few times though with live sports when I've had a freezing problem, so I turned on my VPN and after that the channel was streaming fine. Made me think my current internet provider was doing something to cause the issue.

Hope whatever your issue is, it gets fixed soon, so you can get back to enjoying the sports coverage.

Back
Top Bottom