Nvidia Shield TV recent update to Android 11 breaks catchup on Tivimate.

Javhash

I've a Shield TV, the tube with the triangular remote. Foolishly allowed it to update to Android 11 recently and have an issue on Tivimate where catch-up no longer works. My friend with the same setup and iptv supplier but not updated has catch-up working fine. Does anyone know whether the hot fixes Nvidia has released sorts the issue?

You can try setting the “Files and Media” permission of the app to “Allow all the time” or “Allow”.

Or try uninstalling and then reinstall the app to restore functionality.

If neither one helps, you may have to do the hot fixes. Worth a try 1st tho. 😉

Thanks for trying to help Crystal, the permission took me a bit of finding but it's now set to "Allow only while using the a.." and I toggled between that and the only other option of "Don't allow" but no joy, just a spinning blue circle. I did this for TiviMate and the iptv supplier's own app (Smarters based) but neither worked. I'm sure it's the Shield's software rather than the apps. I imagine factory resetting the shield will just end with it updating back to Android 11 so won't change the situation. I'm surprised I've not seen more folk saying they have lost catchup too.

I've a Shield TV, the tube with the triangular remote. Foolishly allowed it to update to Android 11 recently and have an issue on Tivimate where catch-up no longer works. My friend with the same setup and iptv supplier but not updated has catch-up working fine. Does anyone know whether the hot fixes Nvidia has released sorts the issue?
Try this do not use TV guide grid when selecting previous programs to watch, instead, open channel list and navigate to the desired show and click it. Advise if this works.

Works that way. Thanks!
That is excellent to hear, it' was almost a shot in the dark, lots of sheild users will be happy to hear. Another thing with tivimate on some touchscreens, the guide won't scroll more than 13 channels but you can make it scroll the entire guide 6 at a time by tapping on the bottom left,right or top left and right corners

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom