Hi! Looking for a IPTV player.

CarsonGrey

Like the title says I'm looking for IPTV player for a Android Box. I've been using the providers branded apk, which is great and really easy to use. I would like the player to be a free, hopefully open sourced and with the ability to record. Of course it should also have a good epg function. Doesn't have to be open sourced, but like I said that would be a plus.discord

I tried to use PVR IPTV Simple Client on Kodi, but I just c omegle an't get it to work. I set it up, then I get "needs to restart"? I see no option to restart so I close Kodi, force stop, and clear cache. Still won't work. I did this on my Linux HTPC(which I don't use anymore as a HTPC but more for network storage and services that I use remotely) and on my Android box. xender So I gave up.

In summation, I just need a player that has a good epg, can record, and is free.

Thanks

Last edited:
Like the title says I'm looking for IPTV player for a Android Box. I've been using the providers branded apk, which is great and really easy to use. I would like the player to be a free, hopefully open sourced and with the ability to record. Of course it should also have a good epg function. Doesn't have to be open sourced, but like I said that would be a plus.

I tried to use PVR IPTV Simple Client on Kodi, but I just can't get it to work. I set it up, then I get "needs to restart"? I see no option to restart so I close Kodi, force stop, and clear cache. Still won't work. I did this on my Linux HTPC(which I don't use anymore as a HTPC but more for network storage and services that I use remotely) and on my Android box. So I gave up.

In summation, I just need a player that has a good epg, can record, and is free.

Thanks
I know how you feel I had the same issue a while back.
in any case I did your steps when your message said needs restart and you just press the exit button on kodi after that is needed thats it
and you open kodi and look in the TV sections or TV/channels button
that did seem to work but the channel change wasn't easy and the other issue that KODI is no longer a good IPTV player.

however, I do recommend and like you said an Android IPTV player.
Currently, there is few android IPTV players
For android -
- IPTV Smarters Pro - IPTV SMARTERS PRO APK 2.2.2 Latest Edition - Husham.com IPTV APK
Quality can be improved with VLC as the player
EPG avaliable

- IPTV Stream Player - IPTV stream player APK firestick version - Husham.com
Good quality and has auto start function
Auto gather EPG avaliabel

there are so much more IPTV Players for Android TV box
there is also Tivimate but it has free and paid function

Paid apps also there is but thats another big big story

There is IPTV Extreme pro - NO EASY EPG access

Back
Top Bottom