Faulty connection

Cheefo1948

When in Thailand a couple of months ago I went with Tivimate, installed on a wireless Chromecast unit. It did not work well, at all, with the hight speed ISP I had in my condo, so I purchased a new router from AIS (my ISP) and it still did not work well. I was told that it is because of the poor internet service in Thailand and that once I got back to the USA and good internet, it would be just fine. It is not! I constantly experience buffering, sometime complete shut down, and always have a 10 second repeat of programming, 5 or 6 times. Usually before a commercial. This is not working out at all and has become most frustrating. Rebooting is of no use. Any suggestions? I cannot get support from the guy in Thailand now as I am in the USA. Any advice would be appreciated.

When in Thailand a couple of months ago I went with Tivimate, installed on a wireless Chromecast unit. It did not work well, at all, with the hight speed ISP I had in my condo, so I purchased a new router from AIS (my ISP) and it still did not work well. I was told that it is because of the poor internet service in Thailand and that once I got back to the USA and good internet, it would be just fine. It is not! I constantly experience buffering, sometime complete shut down, and always have a 10 second repeat of programming, 5 or 6 times. Usually before a commercial. This is not working out at all and has become most frustrating. Rebooting is of no use. Any suggestions? I cannot get support from the guy in Thailand now as I am in the USA. Any advice would be appreciated.
TiviMate is just a player. You can adjust your buffer size in TiviMate’s Settings.

The buffering could come from poor connectivity from your WiFi..throttling from your ISP..or you need to do your maintenance on your devices and router. It’s a process of elimination.

Start with force stopping and clearing caches on all your apps. Then reboot your router..then your device. Launch your app and try it again. See if that helped.

Next..do a speed test on your internet. See what kind of speed you are really getting. We don’t always get what we pay for:

If the speed is good..you may need a VPN. ISP’s are known to throttle IPTV..especially during peak hours..PPV events..and big sports events. @husham..as well as many others..now recommend Surfshark VPN. You can go here to check it out. There is a guarantee if you don’t find it helps:

The next thing would be to hardwire your device instead of using WIFI. You will get a better connection going with Ethernet than you will with WiFi. They sell adapters for your Chromecast:

Those are 2 examples. They also sell adapters on Amazon.

Hopefully doing these things either helps or eliminates your issues.

I have done all that was suggested and still not better. I rebooted everything, cleaned out the cache and even changed out both router AND modem. Speed is not the issue as all my deivices (iPhone, iMac, iPad and Macbook Air) register a download speed of 360mb, on average, from my ISP. It has to be a faulty device I brought home from Thailand. My router is 3 feet from my Tivimate. I'm stumped.

I have done all that was suggested and still not better. I rebooted everything, cleaned out the cache and even changed out both router AND modem. Speed is not the issue as all my deivices (iPhone, iMac, iPad and Macbook Air) register a download speed of 360mb, on average, from my ISP. It has to be a faulty device I brought home from Thailand. My router is 3 feet from my Tivimate. I'm stumped.
Then I would have to agree. It might be your device. Have you tried changing locations on your VPN? I’ve had to keep changing my location monthly to stay ahead of my ISP before. If that has no effect..I would definitely try another device as you have tried everything else.

I am out of luck and out of my money. I bought the unit from a Norwegian friend of a friend while I was in Thailand. Now I am half a world away from him with no support.

I recently installed TiVi Mate on my brother's brand new Firestick and it does the same thing. He has a brand new router with the new WIFi - 6 Mesh System. Some channels like GRIT, INSP and others after a short period of time begin to buffer and repeat scenes. International tv channels buffer and freeze so bad that it is unwatchable. We live in the USA and have tried the USUALLY trouble shooting suggestions. My IPTV provider Cobra Hosting says that it's our Firestick not having enough bandwidth as an Android box. This is asinine because it only happens with the TiVi Mate application. Give TiVi Mate credit, they do provide occasionally updates. We know these providers don't want to invest in stronger servers because of the cost and maintenance which affects their bottom line. We all feel your pain and frustration. Hopefully these issues get fixed eventually.

Back
Top Bottom