Video freezes stalls every 3 minutes

lakster

Hi.

I recently installed Tivimates Premium on a 4K Firestick and made sure I am on the latest version..

However every 3mins - on every channel the video freezes for 10 secs and then auto restarts.

I have tried changing buffer sizes and video to HLS to see if that fixes the issues.. but no changes.

The firestick is connected via a wired connection about 90Mb down/30Mb when I run a speedtest.. and latency is about 30ms.. my actually broadband is 650MB down / 50 Mb up, and I have no issues with YouTube and Netflix from the same TV which is connected over WIFI.

I do run the IPTV service via Nord VPN, but don't see that would cause the issue.

When I use smarters I don't see the same issue... although if it does freeze it's for < 0.5 seconds so not really noticeable.

Any suggestions on what I could try in the Tivimate app settings? I much prefer Tivimate over smarters

Hi.

I recently installed Tivimates Premium on a 4K Firestick and made sure I am on the latest version..

However every 3mins - on every channel the video freezes for 10 secs and then auto restarts.

I have tried changing buffer sizes and video to HLS to see if that fixes the issues.. but no changes.

The firestick is connected via a wired connection about 90Mb down/30Mb when I run a speedtest.. and latency is about 30ms.. my actually broadband is 650MB down / 50 Mb up, and I have no issues with YouTube and Netflix from the same TV which is connected over WIFI.

I do run the IPTV service via Nord VPN, but don't see that would cause the issue.

When I use smarters I don't see the same issue... although if it does freeze it's for < 0.5 seconds so not really noticeable.

Any suggestions on what I could try in the Tivimate app settings? I much prefer Tivimate over smarters
I would have said it was the buffer size, but you've tried all options I assume. Are you able to actually use it without the VPN? It's wired. Is that the Fire ethernet adapter? with a 650 MB service, I would think you'd be better off wireless.

Hi.

I was just re-reading something that made me think of your issue. I gather there has been a change in Nord that is causing people issues. You can find out a lot about it online. But I did see one comment this morning specifically regarding someone getting 404s. The advice was to make a change in the NordVPN app:
Settings>Protocol>OpenVPN(UDP)
I guess it's worth a try despite not having the issue with Smarters. If you find Nord the culprit, report back here so others can benefit. Good luck.

I was just re-reading something that made me think of your issue. I gather there has been a change in Nord that is causing people issues. You can find out a lot about it online. But I did see one comment this morning specifically regarding someone getting 404s. The advice was to make a change in the NordVPN app:
Settings>Protocol>OpenVPN(UDP)
I guess it's worth a try despite not having the issue with Smarters. If you find Nord the culprit, report back here so others can benefit. Good luck.

Thank you for this advice... i'll also force it to UDP, I should have remembered that from my networking days!

One of our TVs is an Android TV (circa 2015).. so I installed TiVimate on that with NORD, and had no issues over WifI so again, this pointed me to a Firestick 4k Max.

So I found a reddit thread, and the advice was to set the buffer to zero, - sounds counterintuitive, but it works. I have no real issues now.

Worst case for one or two channels, I get a stall for < 0.5s every 20 secs for the first 1 min and then it seems to works fine.

Back
Top Bottom