SSIPTV- Removed from Samsung TV

husham

Doctor, PHD
Staff member
Recently Samsung removed the smart IPTV app in early June 2019, I created an article to go through the process warning everyone to not to rest your TV and how you can install it manually. However, this left the Crowd favourite APP SS-IPTV out of the loop. And it was sad that I didn't an article sooner, but today I will go through the steps with everyone to install SS-IPTV manually to your TV

Video Guide to see how to put back SS-IPTV in your Samsung TV

A Full guide and download on how to put SS-IPTV or SSIPTV back to your TV - use this link Samsung Removes SS-IPTV – DO NOT REST The TV – Husham.com

Last edited:
Recently Samsung removed the smart IPTV app in early June 2019, I created an article to go through the process warning everyone to not to rest your TV and how you can install it manually. However, this left the Crowd favourite APP SS-IPTV out of the loop. And it was sad that I didn't an article sooner, but today I will go through the steps with everyone to install SS-IPTV manually to your TV

Video Guide to see how to put back SS-IPTV in your Samsung TV

A Full guide and download on how to put SS-IPTV or SSIPTV back to your TV - use this link Samsung Removes SS-IPTV - DO NOT REST The TV - Husham.com News

I have downloaded the updated software and unpacked it to a USB drive. There are two folders on the drive. I inserted the drive in a USB port on my Samsung TV, the TV recognises the drive but no installation occurs. Please can you advise.

I have downloaded the updated software and unpacked it to a USB drive. There are two folders on the drive. I inserted the drive in a USB port on my Samsung TV, the TV recognises the drive but no installation occurs. Please can you advise.

Hi there :)
The method works on most tv but Samsung TV sometimes have different version reaction,
so maybe if it does install the app then it will send it to the app sections
depending on your tv software . some tvs need the USB always blugged in to see the app
and also make sure

Hi there :)
The method works on most tv but Samsung TV sometimes have different version reaction,
so maybe if it does install the app then it will send it to the app sections
depending on your tv software . some tvs need the USB always blugged in to see the app
and also make sure
Have tried both versions of app, neither works, neither goes to app section, TV model UE22F5400AKXXU

Have tried both versions of app, neither works, neither goes to app section, TV model UE22F5400AKXXU

ok lets work with this using this page What Samsung TV model I have? - Husham.com SmartTV
you have
U = LED tv
E = Europe version
number means inch size so its 22 inch ( wow thats small to my liking heheh )
F means it is a 2013 so it is a Non-Tizen TVs (2012~2015 years of production which means it is supported 100%

OK Husam same deal on a 'F' series Samsung UA55F80000 TV I assume. Followed the instructions and dumped the non Tizen Zip files on to a quick formatted USB, turned off auto Update setting and getting a message that it will use the USB for Photos and Files but fails to install the SSIPTV App. Now trying to do a full format (long time) of the (exFAT) USB drive and trying again. Any ideas thanks.

OK Husam same deal on a 'F' series Samsung UA55F80000 TV I assume. Followed the instructions and dumped the non Tizen Zip files on to a quick formatted USB, turned off auto Update setting and getting a message that it will use the USB for Photos and Files but fails to install the SSIPTV App. Now trying to do a full format (long time) of the (exFAT) USB drive and trying again. Any ideas thanks.
After you put the usb stick
To to apps and click more apps

After you put the usb stick
To to apps and click more apps

Hi Husam, More Apps under 'Featured Apps' section fails to show SS-IPTV as well (SmartIPTV is also sitting here all this time lol). I tried to copy the directory under \ss-iptv directory under the root as someone suggested but no luck either. However I formatted the USB drive this time with fat32 instead if ex-fat and guess what it worked! I can see the SS-IPTV App. My other questions: How do I get your other Apps HomeIPTV and TiviMate manually installed as they do not come up in the Samsung Apps Search. Do you have the non-Tizen installers for these) Will SS-IPTV get deleted again. Is one of the Apps better than the other? PS Just noted this morning that my SS-IPTV install has been deleted from the TV although the auto update is set to off. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Husam, More Apps under 'Featured Apps' section fails to show SS-IPTV as well (SmartIPTV is also sitting here all this time lol). I tried to copy the directory under \ss-iptv directory under the root as someone suggested but no luck either. However I formatted the USB drive this time with fat32 instead if ex-fat and guess what it worked! I can see the SS-IPTV App. My other questions: How do I get your other Apps HomeIPTV and TiviMate manually installed as they do not come up in the Samsung Apps Search. Do you have the non-Tizen installers for these) Will SS-IPTV get deleted again. Is one of the Apps better than the other? PS Just noted this morning that my SS-IPTV install has been deleted from the TV although the auto update is set to off. Thanks.
I think we need to know what apps can be installed first

So do a search of the word IPTV and send a screenshot of it or list them for me

I think we need to know what apps can be installed first

So do a search of the word IPTV and send a screenshot of it or list them for me

Hi, 'iptv' Samsung search only picking up 2 apps as attached.

Attachments

• image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom