Sapphire Secure Website Down

If you go there now there is a Securi Firewall page that comes up (similar to cloudfare) that gives a 502 error message saying the hosting server is down.

I don;t know how significant that is but it does seem like they may be adding some security to the system so they can bring it back online.

I checked my Sapphire account. They extended payment until Feb 16 but still no way to make a payment. The portal still shows the same error message as reflected in the previous post. Is there another payment portal or are they expecting (hoping) to resolve the portal issue by 2-16? I now that they have a Telegram service but I forgot all of the details in order to access it and find out what's going on. Anybody hear anything? Service still working fine so I'm quite sure that they expect to keep things going.

Any idea what's going on? My invoice is way past due. Service still working using Tivimate. Tried to pay invoice but now getting this error:

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)​

Any idea what's going on? My invoice is way past due. Service still working using Tivimate. Tried to pay invoice but now getting this error:

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)​

Well...at least it's a different error message now and one that I've seen before so all is not lost. I suspect that they're restoring from a backup database and it's a rather arduous process. Not sure how well they maintain their systems so there could be quite a bit of manual processes happening that's exasperating the situation. I would surmise that they're also trying to do a better job of locking it down at the same time. The last breach really set them back. I'm pretty confident that they'll be back, but not sure what changes will be introduced as a result of the hijacking. I do wish that they would forgo the month to month bitcoin payment option and allow for a payment period covering a longer period like some other providers do. The miner fees on a $10 payment are cost prohibitive.

Time to make a switch unfortunately. Service down for me completely, so I'm going with my backup which has been solid, Altered Carbon.

Time to make a switch unfortunately. Service down for me completely, so I'm going with my backup which has been solid, Altered Carbon.
Go to the portal again....There is a new page up explaining what is going on!
It has a contact us link to help anyone whose service has gone down as a result

Go to the portal again....There is a new page up explaining what is going on!
It has a contact us link to help anyone whose service has gone down as a result
I have contacted...hours ago and been left with no response. I'm sure they're busy, but that's what the backup is for. If I just had sapphire with no backup, who knows how long I'd be waiting

Backup servers are now offline. It appears as though nothing is working at the moment. You wouldn't take the servers off line unless you had a working system to move the subs over to. Could be the case, but normally you would leave as is until you completely stood up a new production system. Does anyone have service working right now? **UPDATE** Looks as though they may have just completed the port from the backup servers to the new primary server(s). I'm back up again. I'm just speculating mind you, but I would think that once they get past all of the issues the payment portal will be back in business. It appears as though they are making every effort to stay the course and do right by their customers whose sub may have expired but can't make a payment. A very good company to be doing business with IMHO! As I stated previously, would love to see an extended payment option for Bitcoin (e.g. 3 months/6 months). Not a big fan of the month-to-month and paying for 3 months at a time is still way cheaper than the traditional CSP's.

Last edited:
Backup servers are now offline. It appears as though nothing is working at the moment. You wouldn't take the servers off line unless you had a working system to move the subs over to. Could be the case, but normally you would leave as is until you completely stood up a new production system. Does anyone have service working right now? **UPDATE** Looks as though they may have just completed the port from the backup servers to the new primary server(s). I'm back up again. I'm just speculating mind you, but I would think that once they get past all of the issues the payment portal will be back in business. It appears as though they are making every effort to stay the course and do right by their customers whose sub may have expired but can't make a payment. A very good company to be doing business with IMHO! As I stated previously, would love to see an extended payment option for Bitcoin (e.g. 3 months/6 months). Not a big fan of the month-to-month and paying for 3 months at a time is still way cheaper than the traditional CSP's.
My service with them is still down and yet to hear anything from them....time to ditch them for my backup which has been proven to be more reliable anyways. I'm sure Sapphire will do just fine without me as a customer if they are able to bounce back.

My service with Sapphire is still up as of this morning. The portal to pay is still down. I have all channels and still working, so I hope they will bring their service back. Sapphire has been a very solid service and I think they are doing everything possible to bring their service back. I give the owners of Sapphire a big A+ for working thru this.

My service with Sapphire is still up as of this morning. The portal to pay is still down. I have all channels and still working, so I hope they will bring their service back. Sapphire has been a very solid service and I think they are doing everything possible to bring their service back. I give the owners of Sapphire a big A+ for working thru this.

Mine's running fine as well. Fingers crossed that they're able to complete whatever they're working on. This isn't the service I use the most, but I've been very satisfied with it and would hate to lose it.

I'm glad some people have service. I give Sapphire a huge F right now. I have already moved on and will never use them again even if they do come back...they will survive without my money.

I'm glad some people have service. I give Sapphire a huge F right now. I have already moved on and will never use them again even if they do come back...they will survive without my money.
There is no good way for a service provider to go down and satisfy their customers! Especially when the reason they went down is due to threat of Law Enforcement or Blackmail.
I personally think they have handled it far better than Gamemasters did who actually managed to stay up but dropped all of their long time customers and refused to even accept them back under new terms they liked.

At least with Secure, you got a web page telling you they might not be back and a link to contact them for refunds as opposed to the staff here having to DM every single user a link to try and get their service back from Gamemasters.

Oddly enough My service from them is still working, (They were my Backup Service). I suspect it was because my invoice came and was paid just before they went down. I also expect it will expire once the month is up.

So I understand the frustration of this situation but really what could they have done any better than any other downed service has done?

This is the nature of the beast. Services are good for awhile until they get caught and then we move on.

There is no good way for a service provider to go down and satisfy their customers! Especially when the reason they went down is due to threat of Law Enforcement or Blackmail.
I personally think they have handled it far better than Gamemasters did who actually managed to stay up but dropped all of their long time customers and refused to even accept them back under new terms they liked.

At least with Secure, you got a web page telling you they might not be back and a link to contact them for refunds as opposed to the staff here having to DM every single user a link to try and get their service back from Gamemasters.

Oddly enough My service from them is still working, (They were my Backup Service). I suspect it was because my invoice came and was paid just before they went down. I also expect it will expire once the month is up.

So I understand the frustration of this situation but really what could they have done any better than any other downed service has done?

This is the nature of the beast. Services are good for awhile until they get caught and then we move on.
That contact link has done f**k all. It's just them trying to act like they are looking out for their customers. I happen to know 3 other people that have requested refunds and havent gotten theirs or a word back in any form a reply in days. Charge backs may be in order.

That contact link has done f**k all. It's just them trying to act like they are looking out for their customers. I happen to know 3 other people that have requested refunds and havent gotten theirs or a word back in any form a reply in days. Charge backs may be in order.
Now show me a service that has gone down and done better or more?

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom