Recording Limitation?

WKraw25

Just started using TiVimate and thought I would try recording a football game. Set it up, recording the game fine but I wanted to start watching it at about the 2 hr mark. Was able to do that just fine but my issue is that the recording didn't continue for the remaining 2 hrs. So, I only got 2 hrs of the game I recorded for 4 hours. So, does anyone know is this the best it can do. I realize it is not exactly like a DVR, which I could record and watch and still have it be recording to the end of my time frame. Is there a way to do this, or is this a future fix? For now, I guess I have to record a game or whatever and let it finish recording, then start watching it.

Just started using TiVimate and thought I would try recording a football game. Set it up, recording the game fine but I wanted to start watching it at about the 2 hr mark. Was able to do that just fine but my issue is that the recording didn't continue for the remaining 2 hrs. So, I only got 2 hrs of the game I recorded for 4 hours. So, does anyone know is this the best it can do. I realize it is not exactly like a DVR, which I could record and watch and still have it be recording to the end of my time frame. Is there a way to do this, or is this a future fix? For now, I guess I have to record a game or whatever and let it finish recording, then start watching it.
no its not the best it can do. Recording and watching from the same provider constitutes two connections so make sure you have two authorised. A buffer or freeze can stop the recording, so theres that. Try recording other events and see if its a constant issue

Tried more tests, another ballgame, 2 TV shows. Same thing happens. I had no buffering issues during this time and I have 2 authorized connections.

Tried more tests, another ballgame, 2 TV shows. Same thing happens. I had no buffering issues during this time and I have 2 authorized connections.
its odd ive had issues with recording a couple of times but it was because the computer drive i was recording to hadnt signed onto the network, where are you recording to and have you tried reinstalling tivimate? during your tests did you tune into the show and were they all more than 2 hours?

I am recording to a USB flash drive, tivimate is pointing to this drive correctly. I have reinstalled tivimate. The shows I tested were a one hour TV show and then tried to watch it halfway through before it stopped recording at the point I came into the show. The other was a football game which I recorded for 4 hours and tried watching at the 2 hr mark and again it would stop recording when I started watching it. Last night I recorded a half hour show and watched it after it was over. It worked relatively well, although, two times as I was fast-forwarding it kicked me back to the beginning but I was eventually able to get through it to the end.

I received an email from Husham, yesterday 11/17, I am trying to respond to him by clicking on "view this thread" in my email from him, it brings me here and I don't see his whole comment and I don't know how to get or respond to him. Need help??!!

I received an email from Husham, yesterday 11/17, I am trying to respond to him by clicking on "view this thread" in my email from him, it brings me here and I don't see his whole comment and I don't know how to get or respond to him. Need help??!!
what the email
and what do you want to sayl..l

in advance.. If you are angry on me.. Please don't say it LOL
if you are giving me a thank you .. WELL SHOCKS I LOVE YOU TOO.
This Is Us Lol GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

i think the limitation on recording may coincide with the file size limitations in drives formated to fat32. Try reformating your thumbrive to ntfs and see if it works out better.

As I reread the email maybe it wasn't from Husham, but Husham I'm not angry with you and wouldn't criticize you, just trying to learn and understand. Someone then mentioned maybe 2 connections weren't open, how do I determine that. Also, how do I know how fast my USB is, someone said it is not fast enough? I will try to reformat to ntfs. Further, I am able to go into a live broadcast, i.e., a football game, and start watching, though it then stops recording as I mentioned previously, but if I tried doing that to an AMC or Bravo show, for example, it will ask if I want to cancel the recording, I can't start watching it. Thanks for your help in advance, no animosity here at all, appreciate the help.

Hi, how you guys get to record to you're USB drive I'm trying to change it from my internal flash drive because I don't have enuff room but when i pick my SDcard or USB i get and error message Failed to change to Directory folder

did you purchase tivimate from the playstore or download a hacked version??

Back
Top Bottom