Occasional issues with (primarily VOD) playback

d95mlad

Hey folks!

Just discovered TiviMate recently and loving it! Cannot imagine going back to "usual" IPTV apps now, but have a couple of issues with TiviMate I'd love to iron out if possible...

A lesser issue: a couple of movies will not play at all (UnexpectedLoaderException) and some will get stuck and repeat first 2 seconds forever. Same movies will play in e.g. Smarters IPTV (although with noticeable poor quality and a lot of stuttering). Is the problem simply that TiviMate is "pickier" when it comes to quality of input? Any other ideas?

A bigger issue: every now and then (1-2 times per day, typically after movies/series browsing, rarely/never while watching TV) everything stops to work. Both for TV and VOD, it's the blue loading circle forever, as if content servers were down (or as if I'm locked out). And then, after 2-3 hours, it's back to normal. When this issue happens, other apps don't work either, but a friend with the same provider/server has no issues at all at the same time. Also, if I only use Smarters IPTV then this never happens at all so I don't hink it's a provider issue. Any clues?

One (poor) theory is that playlist updates through XEEV triggers some sort of alarm on the server side as my TiviMate and XEEV will access it from different IPs.
But, since this never happens with Smarters, it's probably not the case...

Using premium version on nVidia Shield, wired high-speed connection (500Mbps); have tried re-installing, force-stopping, cleaning cache, etc.
Have also tried different app settings (software/hardware coding, buffer size, HLS/TS). No VPN...

Appreciate all the help and thoughts, cheers!

Hey folks!

Just discovered TiviMate recently and loving it! Cannot imagine going back to "usual" IPTV apps now, but have a couple of issues with TiviMate I'd love to iron out if possible...

A lesser issue: a couple of movies will not play at all (UnexpectedLoaderException) and some will get stuck and repeat first 2 seconds forever. Same movies will play in e.g. Smarters IPTV (although with noticeable poor quality and a lot of stuttering). Is the problem simply that TiviMate is "pickier" when it comes to quality of input? Any other ideas?

A bigger issue: every now and then (1-2 times per day, typically after movies/series browsing, rarely/never while watching TV) everything stops to work. Both for TV and VOD, it's the blue loading circle forever, as if content servers were down (or as if I'm locked out). And then, after 2-3 hours, it's back to normal. When this issue happens, other apps don't work either, but a friend with the same provider/server has no issues at all at the same time. Also, if I only use Smarters IPTV then this never happens at all so I don't hink it's a provider issue. Any clues?

One (poor) theory is that playlist updates through XEEV triggers some sort of alarm on the server side as my TiviMate and XEEV will access it from different IPs.
But, since this never happens with Smarters, it's probably not the case...

Using premium version on nVidia Shield, wired high-speed connection (500Mbps); have tried re-installing, force-stopping, cleaning cache, etc.
Have also tried different app settings (software/hardware coding, buffer size, HLS/TS). No VPN...

Appreciate all the help and thoughts, cheers!
have you tried turning on you vpn before using iptv?

No, I haven't. To be honest, I don't see how that could help, especially given that it works fine with Smarters.
just a stab in the dark. theres lots of reasons for buffering, eveb just changing the the buffer size in settings may help, changing from software decoder to hardware also helps some.

Yeah, tried all the buffer sizes and both hardware and software decoding. There probably isn't a setting that I haven't tried... :)
Thanks for your thoughts though!

Yeah, tried all the buffer sizes and both hardware and software decoding. There probably isn't a setting that I haven't tried... :)
Thanks for your thoughts though!
tbh i think a recent update has some bug theres been the odd issue like yours that are 'new' the dev updates frequently i'm sure hes on it.

Back
Top Bottom