Now TV App never installs.

RedDwarf

I've tried multiple times to install the Now Tv app on the firestick and Fire tv cube but as soon as you install, it displays a not installed message. I've looked everywhere i can think of to find a solution to this to no avail. Every tutorial i've come across says nothing of this problem. Anyone else here know why this is? Or is it just Sky...yet again with their massively over the top security not allowing any of their software being installed on any other device other than one they have commissioned!!!

I've tried multiple times to install the Now Tv app on the firestick and Fire tv cube but as soon as you install, it displays a not installed message. I've looked everywhere i can think of to find a solution to this to no avail. Every tutorial i've come across says nothing of this problem. Anyone else here know why this is? Or is it just Sky...yet again with their massively over the top security not allowing any of their software being installed on any other device other than one they have commissioned!!!
Where are you getting the app from? Do you have “ apps from unknown sources” in developer options turned on? Are you using “Downloader” to download the app? If so, does Downloader have it’s permissions granted? I don’t believe the Fire TV Cube is supported yet, but the Firestick is.

Last edited:
Where are you getting the app from? Do you have “ apps from unknown sources” in developer options turned on? Are you using “Downloader” to download the app? If so, does Downloader have it’s permissions granted? I don’t believe the Fire TV Cube is supported yet, but the Firestick is.
Yep. All of the above. Apps from unknown developers turned on etc. Using downloader. Tried NowTv from multiple sources too. Doesn't seem to matter where i get it from, it just comes up with the same message of "App not installed" I reckon Sky have just stopped their apps being installed on fire devices. Seems that way. Shame i can't hack it but i just don't have the know how!

Yep. All of the above. Apps from unknown developers turned on etc. Using downloader. Tried NowTv from multiple sources too. Doesn't seem to matter where i get it from, it just comes up with the same message of "App not installed" I reckon Sky have just stopped their apps being installed on fire devices. Seems that way. Shame i can't hack it but i just don't have the know how!
I also tried on the firestick when i had it and had the same problem.

I also tried on the firestick when i had it and had the same problem.
I found 3 different versions on Aptoide TV. All 3 installed to my Fire Tablet. So try there.

Attachments

• 1B7549FD-4CC9-4C2C-97F2-EE6C12B5655E.jpeg
    1B7549FD-4CC9-4C2C-97F2-EE6C12B5655E.jpeg
    909.6 KB · Views: 5
Ok thank you. Unfortunately, aptoide tv doesn't appear in the app store for amazon unless you mean to sideload aptoide tv app first then download the now tv app?
Well it installed but when i opened it, i got a message saying it's not supported on my device. Hahaa. Oh well. Thank you for trying.

Yes. Sideload Aptoide TV. Search for Now TV. 3 different versions are there.

Well it installed but when i opened it, i got a message saying it's not supported on my device. Hahaa. Oh well. Thank you for trying.
So you couldn’t sideload Aptoide TV? What device are you using?

So you couldn’t sideload Aptoide TV?
Yeah i managed that but when i downloaded and installed a version of now tv, i opened the app and got the unsupported message. I'll try the other 2 versions later. It did say it was the 1 that was compatible with my tv. Lol. Nevermind.

Yeah i managed that but when i downloaded and installed a version of now tv, i opened the app and got the unsupported message. I'll try the other 2 versions later. It did say it was the 1 that was compatible with my tv. Lol. Nevermind.

Tried those other 2 Now tv apps. They didn't work. Just said the same unsupported message. Never mind. Was worth a try. Thank you for your help.

Tried those other 2 Now tv apps. They didn't work. Just said the same unsupported message. Never mind. Was worth a try. Thank you for your help.
I just looked into it. Now tv are bringing the app to the fire tv cube and other fire devices early 2021 so the actual app will be in the amazon app store. I'll just wait for it.

I just looked into it. Now tv are bringing the app to the fire tv cube and other fire devices early 2021 so the actual app will be in the amazon app store. I'll just wait for it.
I just heard claims that Now TV is available in the Amazon App Store! I’m at work so I can’t verify for sure for you. Go check it out! 😉👍

I just heard claims that Now TV is available in the Amazon App Store! I’m at work so I can’t verify for sure for you. Go check it out! 😉👍
I'll check but i believe it's only available for the firestick and not the fire tv cube yet. Looked for it the other day and only came across some strange access nowtv app which is a religious tv app. I have a fire tv cube so hopefully it'll be available for it very soon. Thank you again. Will let you know if i'm successful.

Back
Top Bottom