Kodi video player OSD question

mwini

New Kodi user here, love Kodi but have a few questions about controlling video player.
To my surprise, Kodi is usable with my TV remote - I used to use mac mini, always kept mouse and mini keyboard connected etc. With Kodi, I just installed it on my new TV, and I can do 95% of things with just TV remote - this is really impressive!
But a few things bug me (probably lack of my knowledge). I tried multiple skins and it does not seem skin-dependent

1. When I watch a movie and I want to see movie cinema hd media flags, I have to do right click twice using a mouse connected to my TV. First click brings info screen and second click shows movie media flags. Is it possible to bring this menu from TV remote? I tried all buttons but was not able to do that.
  2. if I hit back a few times while playing movie or any video add-on like youtube, video plays in background and I cannot seem to return back to it unless I use mouse again and click somewhere on screen between menu items. I cannot just go back to that interface
  3. finally, i love the feature on OSD screen that shows when movie will end. But it seems this feature is skin specific, or no?
  4. Can I map somehow Kodi's control-O key to a TV remote buttons?
I am really impressed just how much things I can do from TV remote without using keyboard/mouse!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom