Kodi buffers on LOCAL machine (NO STREAMING)

FelixArthur

Watching on a machine connected directly to TV. It seems to clearly be a hard-drive dependent thing. Only some movies do it, but play sticks for several seconds then jumps forward. WE can wind it back and watch normally, but it basically annoys the crap out of us.
tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

I've tried doing hard drive tools diagnosis though that tends to make the computer powercycle for some reason. No idea why. The system seems generally fine, but sometimes when I'm copying large files or sets of files on the network it will shut off entirely. I custom built it and it's not my first, but I've struggled with these problems a while and haven't found a sensible way to diagnose.

Is that enough information to guess at anything that would help (besides replacing all the hard drives)?

Last edited:
Watching on a machine connected directly to TV. It seems to clearly be a hard-drive dependent thing. Only some movies do it, but play sticks for several seconds then jumps forward. WE can wind it back and watch normally, but it basically annoys the crap out of us.

I've tried doing hard drive tools diagnosis though that tends to make the computer powercycle for some reason. No idea why. The system seems generally fine, but sometimes when I'm copying large files or sets of files on the network it will shut off entirely. I custom built it and it's not my first, but I've struggled with these problems a while and haven't found a sensible way to diagnose.

Is that enough information to guess at anything that would help (besides replacing all the hard drives)?
Local streaming should not get you buffering unless like you said there is a hardware issue
Or the simple is that you have a file format that has Kodi confused.

What type of files are they
Have you tried converting them to avi or MP4
Yo see if that fix

Back
Top Bottom