• Welcome to the Best Streaming Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

Is Netflix and Prime possible and safe on Kodi?

lucylinie21

We've been using Plex for the last couple years but we are fed up with its need to be connected to the Internet or it simply stops working - the whole point of downloading video to your local machine is so you can access it when there's no Internet, so Plex is basically a beautiful pile of trash. Particularly since we live in the country, are on Starlink, and outages are still pretty frequent.

I put LibreElec 10 beta on my Pi4 and slap VidMate ped it up there and it's working Mobdro beautifully so far with our local shared files, and I also got the CBC plugin working so we're most of the way there - if I can get Netflix and Prime Video working, I can then remove the tower from the living room and make my wife very happy. But I am paranoid of these "unofficial" plugins - are they safe?

I haven't selected specific ones yet, I got CBC working and they're watching the news while I research these. Please advise.

Last edited: