• Welcome to the Best Streaming Community! You need login/register in-order to access forum without restriction.

An error occurred: http data source exception” yet the live feed is live.

wqyu

New member
Offline
I have a H.265/H.264 Encoder (model number/ID: ON-DMI-16EW) made by EXVIST that is running the latest firmware and I know the local stream URL that is 192.168.1.200/hls/0.m3u8 and I have also made a live feed public that using my IP i.e. 154.15.251.115:214/hls/0.m3u8.

I know that TiviMate does not allow .m3u8 feeds as they need to be in .m3u so this is what I did:

I made a file called “index.m3u” and put that into a folder called “feeds”. The file that is called “index.m3u” is coded like this

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1,Channel 1
channels/tv1.m3u
#EXTINF:-1,Channel 2
channels/tv.m3u

Okay, inside the folder “feeds” I made another folder called “channels” and inside that folder are a few files like “tv1.m3u”. The file is written like this

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="" tvg-language="English" tvg-logo=" " group-title="",Channel 1

and then to test to see if this works, it is coded like this

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="" tvg-language="English" tvg-logo=" " group-title="",Channel 2

and it is saved as .m3u.

Okay then I uploaded the folder called “feeds” to my website and then on TiviMate I enter the URL http://us.example.com/feeds/index.m3u and the playlist if found, but when I try to watch the channels I keep getting this error “an error occurred: http data source exception” when I try to watch the channels I added. I have reinstalled TiviMate a few times.

I tested this on TiVO streaming device, another device running Android, all yield to the same error, but when I enter http://us.example.com/feeds/index.m3u into a VLC player on a desktop computer running windows 10, the feeds are found and start to play.

Not sure how to fix this or what I am doing wrong.
 
Top