Persistent Recording Issues

Gaz-57

Each time I 'schedule recording' to take place during the night while I am sleeping, it starts as scheduled and then fails after a few mins. (Usually 5-6mins)

During the daytime I can record various streams for 4-5 hours without any issue.
My Tivi mate settings are set to default for recording and scheduling.

This has been happening repeatedly and continues after dozens of repeat attempts.
I use the Xaomi Mi-Box (Android TV Box) running Android 10 and a 2TB external HDD. (I have also used different HDD’s with same results)

Hmmm..that’s weird! Usually the slightest buffer can cause the recording to stop. Most people have their problems during the day when everyone is using the internet.
There must be something going on in the background in the evening that you are unaware of. Do you have scheduled updates for your devices..PC’s..ect to occur at night when you are not using your devices? I have my devices set up this way so no interruptions occur during the day. They do all that at night while I’m asleep. If these updates/maintenance occur while recording, it could give TiviMate a slight buffer and bye bye recording.
Another thing I noticed is my ISP sends out a reboot to my router every night at around the same time (2-4 am). It causes a freeze in my apps to occur. They used to send it to my cable box when I had cable as well. Could this be what is happening to you too? Just some things to consider. 😉

Thanks Crytsalblue6161, your help and advice is always very much valued. Unfortunately, I don't value a lot of the content broadcast in my region locally so I tend to watch a lot of content from outside my own country. (Mainly USA, UK and some Euro channels).

I will check with my ISP about late nght re-boots etc and look deeper into what other devices migt be conduction scheduled updates etc. I tend not to have shcedulled updates on devices as I prefer to decide when they occur. I'll check everything again.
I am inclined to think its some kind of "sleep" setting on the Android TV box unity but at this time have not been abe to clearly identify if that is the case.
Will keep at it and thaks so much again!

Have you enabled developer options and checked for settings in there? There’s usually more settings you can access other than your basic settings.

75168267-15D8-4CE8-9C35-BA75A9D21EF9.jpeg
If you enable this setting..your device shouldn’t go to sleep. 😉

I have successfully managed to record and schedule recording and no longer having too many issues with it. (enabled\disabled settings as suggested by Crystalblue616) THANK YOU!

What I would like to do now is to be able to disconnect the external usb drive (which is connected to my Android Xaomi Mi-Box) and transfer the recordings across to my computer, however, the computer can't read the .ts recordings on the external usb drive due to the Android formatting applied when I originally set up and connected the USB drive to the Xaomi Mi-Box.

Is it simply Mac computers which don't read the format of the drive ? ..or is it also the case with Windows PC's as well?
(I know that VLC software can read the .ts file format but my computer cant read the drive to access the .ts file\s in the first place.

I would copy the recordings to the internal memory of the device, remove the usb and format it to fat32, put it back in to your device then copy the recordings back on to it, and see if that works.

Thanks @ravo - nice idea but I think this will take a great deal of work. The device internal memory is under 6GB and the external usb drive is 2TB with over 1TB of recordings already on it.

is there any way of backing up your recordings to a cloud service?, might take some time, but if you want to keep the recordings what else can you do?

If you download google drive onto your android device it should detect your usb drive, you then should be able to back the files up to the cloud.
Other than that search a play store for a file converter.

Thanks, I'll try.
Hi. I have just connected my 1tb hdd via usb and formatted it the same way you did your's. (It did tell me formatting it this way will make it useless in other devises). It does not get recognized in my Windows 7 or 10 laptop so don't go buying one, it does not even get recognized in the android box i just formatted it on
When it is formatted to exfat or fat32 it does record when using Tivimate (once you have set it up) but it won't play through Tivimate. You have to use a file browser to play them. Good luck with your's.

Pay attention to your hard drive. Recording can often be interrupted because the hard disk is full of cache and other garbage, and there is nowhere for the files to go. You will not see these files when you browse your hard drive because the system hides them. Therefore, the best solution is to format the hard disk. But be careful. Before you do that, I advise you to backup all files. Otherwise, you will have to make hard drive data recovery. That is not a long process, but this way, you risk losing some files that were once corrupted. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Having trouble getting playback controls to work on recordings. Fast forward and rewind not available

Happening to me too. Recording are under recording section but will not play will give fileexception error. But when using file manager recording are there on us. And will play

My issue is similar .. also my recordings work sometimes and not other times .. often I have a successful recording indicated in my TiviMate list but when I go to the file it's recorded for 5-10mins instead of the whole program and just stopped with an exclamation point showing. Thi seems to be happening more often as time goes on.

Back
Top Bottom